TV:
    TSN
    TSN Mobile TV: Details Here
    Radio: TSN Radio 1050
    Audio Webcast: TSN Radio 1050

US Viewing:
    Video Webcast: ESPN3

Depth Chart: Here

Pre-Game Tailgate: Rogers Centre Outside Gate 11 Starting at 12:00pm. Info here.
    Last edited by T-Bone; 08-02-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    User with most referrers

Level
    ill be there!

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Always a difficult one in our house. My Stamp wife was sick of me yesterday already so next week should be fun. I can't help but voice my displeasure on every stupid Argo play.As we know there were plenty yesterday. She just sits quietly and watches. This is what makes watching games on tv much harder than being there. Hopefully we can limit the penalties and that should help a ton.

For today over Montreal, GO STAMPS GO!!!!!

Boatman
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Looking forward to attending. It might be the only game of the season I can make it out to, so I'll try to be my loudest.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    After week one we're tied for first place in the East division, which is a good place to be.

Calgary looked very good while demolishing the Alouettes, so we'll need to execute better (fewer penalties, etc. etc.). Presumably Huntley, Mann, and McCollough will take the places of Cohen, Watt, and Williams, for a nice upgrade.

I'm not expecting our offense to really "click" for a few more weeks, but it would be great to see signs of improvement.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Presumably Huntley, Mann, and McCollough will take the places of Cohen, Watt, and Williams, for a nice upgrade.
    I can't see Mann taking the place of Watt, for two reasons. 1. There is no reason to believe it would be an upgrade. When he was called upon, Watt ran a great route to get open in the end zone, and caught the ball. 2. Watt is a non-import. The Argos started eight NIPs last game, one more than required -- going down to seven would reduce roster flexibility considerably.

I would definitely like to see McCollough back in the secondary, altho it played well. Not ready to declare Huntley an obvious upgrade over Cohen but chances are we will see that when the former is healthy.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I can't see Mann taking the place of Watt, for two reasons. 1. There is no reason to believe it would be an upgrade. When he was called upon, Watt ran a great route to get open in the end zone, and caught the ball. 2. Watt is a non-import. The Argos started eight NIPs last game, one more than required -- going down to seven would reduce roster flexibility considerably.
    Have to agree. We all know I spent the off season as Watt's biggest supporter on here, and I still believe he is going to be a star in this league. He won't even turn 23 until the season is over.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    I forgot to mention that I expect Pottinger to replace McCune next week as well. That isn't necessarily an upgrade, since both are experienced CFL MLBs, but it will make the Mann-for-Watt substitution painless from a ratio perspective.

I think there is every reason to believe Mann-for-Watt is an upgrade. I'm sure I don't need to list their relative career stats. Furthermore, we are still very much in the market for a "go to" receiver for Ray, and Mann is a top candidate who needs to be evaluated ASAP. I sincerely hope that Inman's job is safe for a week or two, after his insane catch yesterday. I like Watt, and want him to continue getting reps as he develops, but until he shows that he's better than Mann he's the #5 guy. IMHO.

I would definitely like to see McCollough back in the secondary, altho it played well. Not ready to declare Huntley an obvious upgrade over Cohen but chances are we will see that when the former is healthy.
    Huntley has the experience and is reportedly healthy this year after resolving recent chronic nagging issues. I may be proven wrong, but the return of 2010 all-star Huntley sounds like an upgrade to me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    I forgot to mention that I expect Pottinger to replace McCune next week as well. That isn't necessarily an upgrade, since both are experienced CFL MLBs, but it will make the Mann-for-Watt substitution painless from a ratio perspective.

I think there is every reason to believe Mann-for-Watt is an upgrade. I'm sure I don't need to list their relative career stats. Furthermore, we are still very much in the market for a "go to" receiver for Ray, and Mann is a top candidate who needs to be evaluated ASAP. I sincerely hope that Inman's job is safe for a week or two, after his insane catch yesterday. I like Watt, and want him to continue getting reps as he develops, but until he shows that he's better than Mann he's the #5 guy. IMHO.

Huntley has the experience and is reportedly healthy this year after resolving recent chronic nagging issues. I may be proven wrong, but the return of 2010 all-star Huntley sounds like an upgrade to me.
    I certinly would not object to Huntley going in there as early as this week, but I can't see McCune being sat after the game he had. I love Pott and expect him to play a lot this season, but McCune looks like a force at MLB to me. As for Watt and Mann, we'll have to disagree -- I think Watt has already shown he is no worse than Mann as a wide-side wideout. If Mann is going to get into the lineup, I think it will have to be as a replacement for either Inman or Owens. I could see that happening. All three could dress and the Argos could take out either Kackert or an import backup from the defence (such as Payton, who somehow dressed despite not even being on the depth chart. Don't get me started on the usefulness and accuracy of the roster on the Argos' website. It still shows 48 players, and no one on the one-game IL).

Boatman
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Argos have a tough 17 Games coming up, they better put it together fast !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 897
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I certinly would not object to Huntley going in there as early as this week, but I can't see McCune being sat after the game he had. I love Pott and expect him to play a lot this season, but McCune looks like a force at MLB to me. As for Watt and Mann, we'll have to disagree -- I think Watt has already shown he is no worse than Mann as a wide-side wideout. If Mann is going to get into the lineup, I think it will have to be as a replacement for either Inman or Owens. I could see that happening. All three could dress and the Argos could take out either Kackert or an import backup from the defence (such as Payton, who somehow dressed despite not even being on the depth chart. Don't get me started on the usefulness and accuracy of the roster on the Argos' website. It still shows 48 players, and no one on the one-game IL).

Paul, I agree about McCune staying in the middle, but can Pottinger take over Eibens position in the linebacking corps?

New Fan
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered
    Level
    Having made the trip over to Canada for the summer and staying with family in Brampton I will be bussing it into TO for this one!

I last went to a game back in 2010 (a win vs. Winnepeg) - how early would you guys recommend getting to the stadium before kickoff to make my way comfortably to my seat and enjoy any pre-game activities? Will it be any different considering it's opening weekend?

Can't explain how excited I am to see the Argos in person once again - I just hope my record at the games extends to 2-0!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Level

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jrt55555 View Post
    Having made the trip over to Canada for the summer and staying with family in Brampton I will be bussing it into TO for this one!

I last went to a game back in 2010 (a win vs. Winnepeg) - how early would you guys recommend getting to the stadium before kickoff to make my way comfortably to my seat and enjoy any pre-game activities? Will it be any different considering it's opening weekend?

Can't explain how excited I am to see the Argos in person once again - I just hope my record at the games extends to 2-0!

Hi, jrt55555 !

Since no one else has bothered to hazard a response, I will respectfully suggest that you arrive at games at least three days in advance; time enough to settle in, do a little pike fishing in the Harbour, get a few drinks in ya, snatch some local Canadian Beaver (they're everywhere), tackle a Black Bear or two (they've been spotted in Markham, just north of the city), go for a flight in a Lancaster Bomber (in Hamilton, Ontario, 45 min. away), make yer own home-grown perogies (or have the frozen ones from Edmonton we all eat here), stir up a bit of ruckus, and generally enjoy yourself.

Cheers !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jrt55555 View Post
    ........................ - how early would you guys recommend getting to the stadium before kickoff to make my way comfortably to my seat and enjoy any pre-game activities? Will it be any different considering it's opening weekend?

"...............Can't explain how excited I am to see the Argos in person once again - I just hope my record at the games extends to 2-0!
    Good question. Has anyone heard if there will be more extensive celebrations around the dome for this game?

For the 2-0 record....... We're depending on you JRT !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Mo Mann caught 917 yards in 2009 with Ray and 787 in Hamilton in 2010. He was leading the league with 20 receptions after a couple of games last year before being injured. While it is possible that his severe injuries have reduced his effectiveness, I say give him a chance and, if he fails, you can still dump him. We need experienced receivers, especially if they have worked with Ray. Watt still has potential, but he is young enough that taking a couple of games to find out if Mann still has it will hardly delay his development. Furthermore, with Pottinger returning as a NI, it would not even be necessary to bench Watt.
    Huntley was dominant in his first season as an Argo but the question is whether he can remain healthy enough to play game after game, but considering what he did in that first season I would be willing to give him a shot if he appears to be healthy.
    McCooough was my favourite db last year and a definite plus as an experienced defender in a rookie-loaded defence.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Calgary's defense played very well today .Hopefully our offense is sufficiently different from the Al's that we can gain some points.
    The Al's running game was kept to minimal yards..... So I'm not a football aficionado , but I think Calgary's D was the difference. .
    The stamps Oline was strong as well, but I think Foley and gang can give Tate some problems.
    Last edited by Argocister; 07-01-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Boatman
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Boy Calgary looked good tonight, i would hate to be playing them next week ??

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tc23 View Post
    Umm...you do realize that your team is in B.C, right? If Saskatchewan put up 43 in your stadium, I'm thinking B.C might be 50 point favourites on Friday.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Umm...you do realize that your team is in B.C, right? If Saskatchewan put up 43 in your stadium, I'm thinking B.C might be 50 point favourites on Friday.
    That would require him to have some kind of intelligence.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tc23 View Post
    I thought you were a Ti-cats fan? Kind of odd to be trolling after your team got worked over at home.