Reply to Thread
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level

argonauts.ca web site needs some postgame attention.

It's 11 AM the day after a big win, and if you visit argonauts.ca, there is no evidence of that whatsoever on the main page. No score, no recap, just a link to a video saying "RYAN DINWIDDIE | POST GAME JULY 3 2023". Oh, and game highlights -- of the June 18 game.

Under "LATEST NEWS" we have "Keys to the Game", which is of course written before the game.

bclions.com at least has the score, and they LOST.

Come on, MLSE, you can do way better here. How is the score not up there triumphantly the moment the game ends?
    Faster + Louder = Better

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shayman View Post
    It's 11 AM the day after a big win, and if you visit argonauts.ca, there is no evidence of that whatsoever on the main page. No score, no recap, just a link to a video saying "RYAN DINWIDDIE | POST GAME JULY 3 2023". Oh, and game highlights -- of the June 18 game.

Under "LATEST NEWS" we have "Keys to the Game", which is of course written before the game.

bclions.com at least has the score, and they LOST.

Come on, MLSE, you can do way better here. How is the score not up there triumphantly the moment the game ends?
    I get the sense that understaffing is the issue here. I believe that Mike Hogan is responsible for the website and a million other things so the website ends up sliding. I recall some in the media being critical of the Argos after their website wasn't updated quickly following the Grey Cup in 2022.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    If it's Mike then I withdraw my objection, as he is a hero to us all and must be terribly overworked.
    Faster + Louder = Better

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    If it's Mike then I withdraw my objection, as he is a hero to us all and must be terribly overworked.
    Agreed. It definitely isn't his fault.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    This times a million.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Boatman
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Guilty.

In most cases we’re ahead of the league in terms of content, but we’re not perfect here.

I will say that I firmly believe our content via Aidan Miller and Sean Bowen is better than any team in the league. That’s not a knock on the other teams at all, far from it…they post fantastic stuff and push us to keep getting better and I think we do.

We did have videos posted last night from Coach, Leake, Kelly and Daniel.

Aside from a written recap of the game that you can find elsewhere, what else are you looking for?

I don’t run the website, but am open to any/all suggestions that I can pass along.

I do appreciate the kind words BTW.

Mike

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hogan View Post
    Guilty.

In most cases we’re ahead of the league in terms of content, but we’re not perfect here.

I will say that I firmly believe our content via Aidan Miller and Sean Bowen is better than any team in the league. That’s not a knock on the other teams at all, far from it…they post fantastic stuff and push us to keep getting better and I think we do.

We did have videos posted last night from Coach, Leake, Kelly and Daniel.

Aside from a written recap of the game that you can find elsewhere, what else are you looking for?

I don’t run the website, but am open to any/all suggestions that I can pass along.

I do appreciate the kind words BTW.

Mike
    One thing I would love to see on the website is a hi-lite package after games with the radio calls. Either being at the game live, or watching road games on TV, I never get a chance to listen to the radio call. In this digital era, it is way too hard to sync the radio with the TV feed.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I am not the most religious person by any means, but there is something to be said about the prayer circle that the Argo players seem to consistently do, with member of the opposing team, after the game. I will say though I didn't see it last night as I was leaving. I hope it happened and I missed it.

That level of camaraderie is something I have not seen in any other pro sport. Correct me if I am wrong.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    I am not the most religious person by any means, but there is something to be said about the prayer circle that the Argo players seem to consistently do, with member of the opposing team, after the game. I will say though I didn't see it last night as I was leaving. I hope it happened and I missed it.

That level of camaraderie is something I have not seen in any other pro sport. Correct me if I am wrong.
    It happened, and it was a big one.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    One thing I would love to see on the website is a hi-lite package after games with the radio calls. Either being at the game live, or watching road games on TV, I never get a chance to listen to the radio call. In this digital era, it is way too hard to sync the radio with the TV feed.
    TSN 1050 was pretty good at posting the game in its entirety on their Audio page for the first two games of the season, but I don't think Monday's game has been posted. I'd love to hear Mike and Ben's call of the game especially Leake's punt return and Daniel's interceptions.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post

One of the most underrated stories in the league is this and the work that Herbie Kuhn does as the team's chaplain. Just cool see both teams come together at the end of the game, win or lose.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Mike, you and the social media team are doing great work. My original note is just because I thought it was odd to visit argonauts.ca at 9 AM the morning after a big win, and this is what was on the home page. Nothing about the previous night's game.

- at the top, a list of upcoming games, starting with Thurs July 6 Edmonton at Saskatchewan
    - "Keys to the Game: Week 4" (an excellent video, of course, but for before the game, not after)
    - "Damonte Coxie & Robbie Smith Showcase Their Rhythm" (another fine bit)

It was strange not to see "Argos 45, BC 24" right front and center.

Even today, if you want to see whether we won the most recent game, you have to hunt around on the site. THe lead item front and center is "GAME HIGHLIGHTS - WEEK 4 GAME HIGHLIGHTS" but it doesn't mention the score or even who won! I guess I'm a little surprised that the most recent outstanding positive result is not featured more prominently.

Everybody talks about needing to attract new fans, and in my modest opinion, a little more trumpeting of recent successes right up front on the home page of argonauts.ca wouldn't be out of place.

(please, however, keep up the great work, the content is wonderful, I'm just nitpicking about what's where.)
    Faster + Louder = Better

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Mike, you and the social media team are doing great work. My original note is just because I thought it was odd to visit argonauts.ca at 9 AM the morning after a big win, and this is what was on the home page. Nothing about the previous night's game.

- at the top, a list of upcoming games, starting with Thurs July 6 Edmonton at Saskatchewan
    - "Keys to the Game: Week 4" (an excellent video, of course, but for before the game, not after)
    - "Damonte Coxie & Robbie Smith Showcase Their Rhythm" (another fine bit)

It was strange not to see "Argos 45, BC 24" right front and center.

Even today, if you want to see whether we won the most recent game, you have to hunt around on the site. THe lead item front and center is "GAME HIGHLIGHTS - WEEK 4 GAME HIGHLIGHTS" but it doesn't mention the score or even who won! I guess I'm a little surprised that the most recent outstanding positive result is not featured more prominently.

Everybody talks about needing to attract new fans, and in my modest opinion, a little more trumpeting of recent successes right up front on the home page of argonauts.ca wouldn't be out of place.

(please, however, keep up the great work, the content is wonderful, I'm just nitpicking about what's where.)
    I'll echo the Dictator's thoughts here -- something like ARGOS BEAT LIONS, MOVE TO 3-0 ON SEASON is catchier than what is there I feel.
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Points accepted. I will pass these along.

I am always open to and appreciative of constructive criticism. We're all trying exceptionally hard to make things better.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hogan View Post
    Points accepted. I will pass these along.

I am always open to and appreciative of constructive criticism. We're all trying exceptionally hard to make things better.
    Keep up the good work Mike, on a positive note fans complaining and giving feedback shows they are engaged and care about the well-being of the Argonauts.
    Apathy and disinterest would be the worst case scenario.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Points passed along and we will be better going forward. Thanks all!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Just wanted to thank Mike and the team because this morning, instead of just "Game Highlights", the web site has in big letters, right up front, "ARGOS MOVE TO 4-0 AFTER WIN IN MONTREAL."

That feels good for multiple reasons!
    Faster + Louder = Better

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thank you, Mike.