Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    If anyone is expecting perfection from this or any team, you will be disappointed. The other team gets paid to play too.

Yes, the Argos took too many stupid penalties and that needs to be corrected but does anyone doubt that it will be under this exceptional coaching staff? I don't. Further, as well as the Als played tonight, this game wouldn't have been this close without the Argos making a lot of stupid mistakes that I am confident that they will reduce.

Lastly, Chad Kelly hasn't had to win a game so far this season until tonight, but he proved that he can do so if he has to. This looks very much like another championship-calibre team so enjoy the ride.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueGuy View Post
    YES, agreed. This is the best CFL game to date that I have watched in 2023. Argos have a lot to "clean up" as Kelly just said, but we have the talent to stay on top. Yes I do remember the 4-and-Oh 1983 Argos with Holloway, Barnes, Greer et al. Fourty years? man never would have believed it would take 40 years to do it again. GO ARGOS!!
    i can't believe that it has been 40 years myself. It feels like only yesterday.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Good win - got it done when it counted.

Kelly is very impressive (aside from one bonehead throw that got picked); sees the field well, has the arm strength and can make accurate deep throws; plus is mobile. Receiving corps made some tough catches - amazing TD grab by Coxie who is a big play guy; Ungerer stepping up too.

D was only so-so, but still made some key plays. I guess the coaching staff really likes young Stiggers to play him over Macfadden; rather see Cassar get a shot to play MLB over Jones though. Maas actually showed some diversity on offence for a change, and it resulted in points against a good defence.

Hard to believe the Argos have not had a 4 & 0 start to a season in so long.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    i can't believe that it has been 40 years myself. It feels like only yesterday.
    tonite I'm thinking about the 30th anniversary reunion event, in 2013 at the Dome of the 1983 Argos. Great turnout of the guys, and Dennis Meyer and Obie himself representing the coaches. Got a ton of autographs that day. Carinci, Ferrone, Bronk, Brazley, Barnes, Ilesic, Holloway and Obie. And met Mr. Woods for the 1st time! a cherished team, a cherished memory...thank you Argos. ARGOS RULE!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argos1983 View Post
    Huge win !! No style points…..just get the win….

Now if they win one of the two vs Montreal in September things look very good.
    I don't know. nearly 500 yards of offence seems like plenty of style points to me.

Overall comments on the game are just crazy. Yes, they took a lot of bad penalties, and we killed on screen passes all night, but damn...it was an very entertaining game, and every time they faced any adversity, the Offence put the ball in the end zone. To me, this is a great win in a building they have always had trouble winning in.

This game should put to rest any questions about Kelly. I still can't believe they got him for Nick Arbuckle. Greatest trade EVER.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Good teams win games even when they play badly. Tonight the Argos played not only Montreal but also against themselves. Too many dumb penalties. Too many missed tackles. But Kelly showed he is a winning QB. If he stays healthy he could be a contender for MOP of the year. Just to frustrate us, with a minute to go and Argos deep in Montreal's end, all the team had to do is run up the middle twice and give the kicker an easy field goal---instead on second down they run a sweep and lose 6 yards, making for a longer field goal attempt. Then the missed field goal gave Montreal a sliver of hope.

As I said at the beginning---good teams win games even when they play badly--so maybe we really do have a good team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Unlike some close games, I wasn't too stressed. Als kept themselves in the game by using the run and some well executed screens. May have led to a few frustration penalties by us. Good teaching moment for the coaching staff.

Dejon Allen had a solid game at right tackle, Robertson Daniel was very physical on D, good games for young receivers on both teams (Ungerer, Coxie, Julien-Grant, Snead), and I was impressed with Als safety Marc-Antoine Dequoy's unique combination of speed and physicality.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Good to get the win and the benefit of the close game was good for the players to get some "pressure" moments for both the O and D and both rose to the occasion.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:

Level
    If it wasn’t for that terrible pick, I would call it one of the best games from an Argo QB I have seen in 50 years.

Forget the stats. Great QBs make big plays in big moments, and how many of those did this guy make tonight? That key 2nd down 45-yard dime to Daniels under incredible pressure — i still can’t believe what I saw.

Chad Kelly has run the Argonaut offence in a total of six games, and he’s engineered a late, game-winning TD in two of them, and I don’t think that’s a fluke. My only question is, how good is he gonna get?

Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Chad Kelly has run the Argonaut offence in a total of six games, and he’s engineered a late, game-winning TD in two of them, and I don’t think that’s a fluke. My only question is, how good is he gonna get?
    Good enough to be Josh Allen's backup.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Montreal stayed in the game due to Kelly’s only poor decision of the night, a curious play call after Montreal turned the ball over on Downs late and too many undisciplined penalties (15-157). I look forward to Kelly being the Argos starting QB for years to come, he showed the ability and willingness to stand in the pocket to take hits all while completing long passes.

4-0….the uniforms looked amazing and Hamilton is up next with a rookie QB….enjoy the weekend folks!
    Last edited by gilthethrill; 07-15-2023 at 10:07 AM.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    I had to watch the game in the background and the D's subpar performance was giving me fits all night - it was almost like watching a scripted WWF match how many times they let the Alouettes get "off the mat" to tie it up/get back in the game!

Beyond the one truly horrible INT, Kelly was great again. Gittens doesn't seem to be the WR of choice he was under MBT...hoping he can return to prominence.

New Fan
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I don't know. nearly 500 yards of offence seems like plenty of style points to me.

Overall comments on the game are just crazy. Yes, they took a lot of bad penalties, and we killed on screen passes all night, but damn...it was an very entertaining game, and every time they faced any adversity, the Offence put the ball in the end zone. To me, this is a great win in a building they have always had trouble winning in.

This game should put to rest any questions about Kelly. I still can't believe they got him for Nick Arbuckle. Greatest trade EVER.
    For me, it's way too early to declare the acquisition of Kelly the greatest trade ever. Yes, he has looked good so far. My vote would go to the Ricky Ray trade. When first heard about it, I thought I was in a dreamworld. WE got Ricky Ray? I was so surprised that Edmonton was willing to part with him at that point in time. To me, he was every bit as good in Toronto as he was in Edmonton. "Thank you Tillman!"

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TICATS SUCK ! View Post
    For me, it's way too early to declare the acquisition of Kelly the greatest trade ever. Yes, he has looked good so far. My vote would go to the Ricky Ray trade. When first heard about it, I thought I was in a dreamworld. WE got Ricky Ray? I was so surprised that Edmonton was willing to part with him at that point in time. To me, he was every bit as good in Toronto as he was in Edmonton. "Thank you Tillman!"
    I love Ray, but to say he was every bit as good in Toronto is not true. Yes he led them to 2 championships, but they were around a .500 team throughout his time here, and missed a lot of playing time. He was way more dominant in Edmonton IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Retrogorilla 2 View Post
    I had to watch the game in the background and the D's subpar performance was giving me fits all night - it was almost like watching a scripted WWF match how many times they let the Alouettes get "off the mat" to tie it up/get back in the game!

Beyond the one truly horrible INT, Kelly was great again. Gittens doesn't seem to be the WR of choice he was under MBT...hoping he can return to prominence.
    I'm not sure what everyone is expecting. Montreal is a very good football team. They have lost 3 in a row to the best 3 teams in the league.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    Someone said somewhere that Kelly seems to have a bit of Mike (Michael) Reilly to his game, and that seems an apt comparison. He can sling it for sure. A lot of folks were clamouring for him to play last year, and some will no doubt now be saying his play this year proves he should have, but I think having him understudy for a season was a very smart way to develop him. (it's incredible, based on what he turned into, to think that Reilly was an understudy for three years under Lulay.)
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I'm not sure what everyone is expecting. Montreal is a very good football team. They have lost 3 in a row to the best 3 teams in the league.
    They are a much better team than I expected them to be, and Fajardo is waaaay better than I expected (although his unnecessary spin move is silly). They are definitely playoff calibre. This might be a non-crossover year, if Hamilton can get its act together and keep a veteran QB healthy. I'm not anticipating much from Ottawa at this point unless Crum (or Arbuckle) performs way above expectations.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I love Ray, but to say he was every bit as good in Toronto is not true. Yes he led them to 2 championships, but they were around a .500 team throughout his time here, and missed a lot of playing time. He was way more dominant in Edmonton IMO.
    IMO when Ray was healthy, he was every bit as good as, or better than, he had been in Edmonton. He couldn't stay healthy, and he was let down a lot by bad o-line and defence when he did play. But his accuracy just got better and better as he aged.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    It wasn’t pretty last night but a win is a win, Montreal is a good team and could have easily won this game.
    Toronto’s D seemed to have no answer for Montreal’s screen passes and slant routes but in the end got the job done.
    Games like this actually make teams better as they serve a reminder that any team can beat you on any given day.
    You have to like the way this team doesn’t seem to panic or give up, bodes well for the rest of the season.
    Chad Kelly is the real deal, love his ability to shake off adversity and keep performing, his arm talent and poise are outstanding.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I was on the television.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022