Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Game Thread: Saskatchewan Roughriders "@" Toronto Argonauts NEUTRAL SITE GAME

THE GAME IS NOT AT BMO FIELD ON JULY 29. PLEASE DO NOT APPEAR AT BMO FIELD. NO GAME WILL BE PLAYED THERE.

I'm going to Halifax, who else?
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I am having a great group of friends at my place to watch this one.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Attachment 1011

I might still go to BMO Field and be like sign guy with “Argos need to stop giving up home games”
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I'm not going but to anyone who is, please have a donair for me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    THE GAME IS NOT AT BMO FIELD ON JULY 29. PLEASE DO NOT APPEAR AT BMO FIELD. NO GAME WILL BE PLAYED THERE.

I'm going to Halifax, who else?
    See you there. Thank God it was not this weekend with those terrible thunderstorms. Weather forecast for game day looks a pretty promising.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    I'm not going but to anyone who is, please have a donair for me.
    One of my "must do's". Still trying to find what is considered the best donair place in Halifax. If anyone has a strong recommendation, I would love to hear it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RB957 View Post
    One of my "must do's". Still trying to find what is considered the best donair place in Halifax. If anyone has a strong recommendation, I would love to hear it.
    I wish I has some recommendations but I have never been to the East Coast. They are surprisingly easy to make at home though. I can help you with that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    It's only Day 1 of practice for the week, but good to see Jordan Williams, Shawn Oakman and Isaiah Cage went full today. On the flip side, three guys who are now eligible to practice and could come off the six after this game -- Bladek, Carnell and Muamba -- did not practice today.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    It's only Day 1 of practice for the week, but good to see Jordan Williams, Shawn Oakman and Isaiah Cage went full today. On the flip side, three guys who are now eligible to practice and could come off the six after this game -- Bladek, Carnell and Muamba -- did not practice today.
    I really think Bladek is going to have a hard time getting back into the line-up. The line has been outstanding, and with young depth playing well when given the opportunity, I can see the Argos looking to move him....perhaps to the Elks who can really use help on the line.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks for the update. The injury reports at various sites are always confusing.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I can tell you to attend “The Freaks Lunch Box” if you get a chance. Pretty famous candy store. Actor Rob Lowe attended there once.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Is Muamba really injured? Does anyone know when/what happened to his knee? I can’t help but think his signing is reminiscent to Bear Woods being signed a couple seasons back. Everyone knew he wasn’t going to play but it was great to have him with the team.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level

Injury Report for the Argos and Riders

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I really think Bladek is going to have a hard time getting back into the line-up. The line has been outstanding, and with young depth playing well when given the opportunity, I can see the Argos looking to move him....perhaps to the Elks who can really use help on the line.
    https://www.cfl.ca/2023/07/25/argos-riders-injury-reports-williams-wieneke-take-part-on-tues/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I agree it's unlikely he'd step in to replace Nicastro at this point, but if either Nicastro or Ciraco were to get hurt, a healthy Bladek is likely our best option at RG IMO. Giffen looked incredibly promising against Edm, but is on the six and who knows when he'll be back. Mackellar is still an excellent prospect (with a decent amount of experience) but I'd rate a healthy Bladek as better. And I definitely think he's better than Richards (albeit they play different positions). A big salary works against Bladek sticking around all season without playing, but I never like to voluntarily surrender depth, especially in a key group like o-line. One injury can have a cascading impact; better to have plug-and-play guys available if at all possible.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I agree it's unlikely he'd step in to replace Nicastro at this point, but if either Nicastro or Ciraco were to get hurt, a healthy Bladek is likely our best option at RG IMO. Giffen looked incredibly promising against Edm, but is on the six and who knows when he'll be back. Mackellar is still an excellent prospect (with a decent amount of experience) but I'd rate a healthy Bladek as better. And I definitely think he's better than Richards (albeit they play different positions). A big salary works against Bladek sticking around all season without playing, but I never like to voluntarily surrender depth, especially in a key group like o-line. One injury can have a cascading impact; better to have plug-and-play guys available if at all possible.
    We disagree in Richards. Richards IMO was good last year, and is versatile as he can play G or T. We do agree that Bladek's salary would be the biggest reason to let him go. If he's not starting, you can't justify that salary for a back up.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    With the Argos O-Line depth, I wonder if Bladek might fetch something decent in trade return - starting experience - from a team in O-line need (and there are several of those IMO) ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I asked my big brother who resides in Halifax. He said “King of Donair” is the place to go. I don’t have an address though. Hope that helps.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I asked my big brother who resides in Halifax. He said “King of Donair” is the place to go. I don’t have an address though. Hope that helps.
    Sure does. I looked it up. Great reviews.... 6420 Quinpool Road... about 15 min from our hotel. Thanks!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    We disagree in Richards. Richards IMO was good last year, and is versatile as he can play G or T. We do agree that Bladek's salary would be the biggest reason to let him go. If he's not starting, you can't justify that salary for a back up.
    I can justify a big salary for a backup if keeping him provides necessary depth at a position where depth is massively important. One loss of a starting guard and we'd be down to MacKellar, and after that?

I have no idea what you saw in Richards last year. I've rewatched a fair bit of last season in the past few months and I saw a guy who regularly got manhandled by edge rushers. I guess we agree to disagree.

Boatman
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    I can justify a big salary for a backup if keeping him provides necessary depth at a position where depth is massively important. One loss of a starting guard and we'd be down to MacKellar, and after that?

I have no idea what you saw in Richards last year. I've rewatched a fair bit of last season in the past few months and I saw a guy who regularly got manhandled by edge rushers. I guess we agree to disagree.
    In my observation of Richards play, IMO, he has played much better as a guard than at tackle where his lack of a first quick step provides him with a massive disadvantage when dealing with speed rushers.