Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Elks own record for most home losses all-time in North American sports

With the Elks behind 24-0 at the start of the fourth quarter, it is safe to assume they will break the record for most home losses by a professional sports team in North America. What is the way out of this disaster, if there is one?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    To top it off, Jones puts Doege in with 12 seconds to go even though Cornelius was shaking his head like I can't take this anymore from at least the start of the fourth quarter. Cornelius wasn't doing well the whole game, but it was obvious from his body language that he didn't care anymore and yet Jones kept throwing him out there, which even further dispirits the rest of the team. And Tre Ford does not even exist in Jones' mind.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    this is really sad, AND serious. It hurts the CFL to have one of its historically strongest franchises, in terms of both fan support AND quality on-field product, so weakened and seemingly without hope.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    To top it off, Jones puts Doege in with 12 seconds to go even though Cornelius was shaking his head like I can't take this anymore from at least the start of the fourth quarter. Cornelius wasn't doing well the whole game, but it was obvious from his body language that he didn't care anymore and yet Jones kept throwing him out there, which even further dispirits the rest of the team. And Tre Ford does not even exist in Jones' mind.
    By all accounts, Ford had a lousy training camp and preseason and remember that Ford was the guy that Jones was pushing for the most a year ago.

Honestly, there are three problems with the Edmonton offence - poor playcalling, poor offensive line play and poor QB play. Their defence isn't terrible but you can't win if you can't score points.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueGuy View Post
    this is really sad, AND serious. It hurts the CFL to have one of its historically strongest franchises, in terms of both fan support AND quality on-field product, so weakened and seemingly without hope.
    Every franchise in this league, since the 1970s, has gone through a long, dark period or multiple ones except Edmonton. They are now going through their tough period now but things will eventually get better as it always does. The question isn't "if" but "when".
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    The Elks really need to go the league and get special permission around the operations cap. They need to get rid of Jones and McAdoo. I feel for Cornelius. He is getting killed out there.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    Nice of Davis Sanchez to twice call Doege "Dohj" post-game. Can't even be bothered to correctly pronounce the name of a guy who has played QB in this league this season. I'm beyond fed up with the little effort TSN puts into pre- and post-game these days, but this one is inexcusable.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Banned
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Nice of Davis Sanchez to twice call Doege "Dohj" post-game. Can't even be bothered to correctly pronounce the name of a guy who has played QB in this league this season. I'm beyond fed up with the little effort TSN puts into pre- and post-game these days, but this one is inexcusable.
    IMO, the panel concept has outlived it's usefulness. It's stale. I still like my idea of pop up videos explaining the game to people (during game breaks). Half time needs player features, get to know the players and for that matter owners and GMs. Hey TSN, if you're listening, how's aboot a whole halftime concept around a reworking of the FX Channel's Breakfast Time, a show ahead of its time.

Boatman
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Speaking of the TSN panel, I am surprised that they still go on about how great Chris Jones is, how he knows what he doing, has a plan etc. At this point I think it's pretty clear that Chris Jones' plan is not working and something needs to change. . I also felt bad for Cornelius, no he hasn't played well, but he's hardly the sole reason Edmonton is playing so poorly - what about the rest of the offence?

Banned
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by kellynjk View Post
    I also felt bad for Cornelius, no he hasn't played well, but he's hardly the sole reason Edmonton is playing so poorly - what about the rest of the offence?
    I could understand that if it were just a few games but this is an ongoing issue, leadership is his responsibility. He can't even lead them to scoring a field goal or single in two? games. Maybe he could succeed elsewhere but it would take a motivational miracle for the present QB and team to turn it around, I don't see it. Maybe changing the QB could effect change, maybe the whole offensive unit is rotten but change has to start at the top when you can't even score points.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bannedforlife View Post
    I could understand that if it were just a few games but this is an ongoing issue, leadership is his responsibility. He can't even lead them to scoring a field goal or single in two? games. Maybe he could succeed elsewhere but it would take a motivational miracle for the present QB and team to turn it around, I don't see it. Maybe changing the QB could effect change, maybe the whole offensive unit is rotten but change has to start at the top when you can't even score points.
    When I saw Josiah St John was Edmontons starting LT (currently injured) at the start of the season I had a really bad feeling for the talent level on the team. Cornelius had a string of ok games late last season which prompted Jones to invest in him as the team’s starting QB for this season.