Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Barnes View Post
    I brought my 17 year old daughter to her first CFL game, she enjoyed it, and will come back. When she posted to her friends that she was going, she was teased because 'no one cares about the CFL'. So there you go...despite her peers not being supportive (which means everything at that age), she will attend future games. Why? Because she actually came to the game with me, experienced the atmosphere personally, and had a great time. A small step, indeed, but Rome was not built in a day!
    I started going to Argo games with my dad in the late 1970’s and was hooked, loved spending time with him it was the best!!
    Now I go to Argo games with my sons, my older boy is a diehard Hamilton fan and my younger guy is a casual Argo fan.
    The most important thing to me is they still enjoy spending time with me at 20 and 18 years of age……priceless.
    Thank you for sharing your story, hope you and your daughter enjoy many more Argo games together!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by under30ArgosFan View Post
    I brought a group of 5 to the game. One of which had never been to a CFL game but watched a few games this season, another is a huge NFL fan that hasn't watched the CFL since the Damon Allen days. They were really into the game and had a blast and couldn't believe the value (I bought tickets during the flash sale). The in-game entertainment has never been this good in my opinion and in our section 110 there were a lot of late 20, early 30 somethings, the "King Street crowd" and they seemed to have fun. There's a lot of work to be done but there are some signs of life in this market
    I brought my son, who shares my ST's with me, and two of his friends, who are all in their early thirties. They had a blast. The one friend could not believe how inexpensive ST's are and is saying he had so much fun at the game, he is going to get seats for next year. I will let you know what happens. You know how some of these young ones (!) are, lol.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 99.3%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    As you said, Hagerty got way more reps on D in 2021 than he did last season. Ben Grant said last year that he was a key part of special teams, and missed there when he was injured, but I'm not in position to judge whether that is true. But he definitely looked lost last night.
    Hagerty had 8 defensive tackles in 2021 and 7 in 2022 so it’s highly unlikely he had way more reps. And I guess I’m the only one who remembers him making a couple of good ones.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Hagerty had 8 defensive tackles in 2021 and 7 in 2022 so it’s highly unlikely he had way more reps. And I guess I’m the only one who remembers him making a couple of good ones.
    Amazing you could find those numbers. The league's stats are such a mess I can't even find out how many games he played in 2021 and 2022. My memory tells me he dressed for way more games in 2021 than he did last year, but perhaps it's a faulty memory. I also remember (without evidence) seeing him on D way more as a rookie than I did last year. He definitely made a couple of decent plays on D before 2023, and he never looked as bad as he did on Friday.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I recall Crezdon Butler getting hurt in 2021, which did force Hagerty to either enter or start several games. I agree with the sentiments that he definitely looked lost on Friday evening.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Amazing you could find those numbers. The league's stats are such a mess I can't even find out how many games he played in 2021 and 2022. My memory tells me he dressed for way more games in 2021 than he did last year, but perhaps it's a faulty memory. I also remember (without evidence) seeing him on D way more as a rookie than I did last year. He definitely made a couple of decent plays on D before 2023, and he never looked as bad as he did on Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I recall Crezdon Butler getting hurt in 2021, which did force Hagerty to either enter or start several games. I agree with the sentiments that he definitely looked lost on Friday evening.
    2021 he was pressed into some cover LB snaps and struggled badly there.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    As I mentioned elsewhere here (?) - the site StatsCrew has complete CFL stats, including what seems like up to date ones for this year (the CFL site's new stats format is total garbage IMO) - Statscrew has Hagerty with 8 D tackles / 6 ST tackles in his rookie 2021 season; 7 / 8 last season; and 8 / 1 so far this year.

I don't recall much if any of all him filling in at S-OLB last year as Angelo has stated; I do recall him getting in some at safety as a rookie. You would think/hope he would be improved in his ability to play on the D by his 3rd year.

And BTW - what is Hagerty's injury status after last game (same with Edouard) ? - if these guys are unable to go, I guess Sutton might be ready as a depth National DB, but not sure I have much faith in him; they could look to other team's cuts or even a PR steal (pretty sure I saw Ottawa list this year's early draft pick and former AUS all-star safety Lucas Cormier on their PR at one point, but I doubt they want to lose him; I mentioned Western all-Canadian safety Dan Valente who was with the RedBlacks for at least TC) - surely they can find a replacement DB/safety.

Boatman
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    He's the mandatory Global player that each team must have and is there as punter, although Boris Bede at 52.6 yards punting average this year has a better average than Haggerty's still quite good 48.3 punting average. Obviously, the kindest thing (and that's being extremely kind) you can say about Haggerty as a DB is he's a work in progress.
    Gotta love Bede's big leg although Haggerty's punt placement has really improved this season without affecting his average. This has helped negate long returns for the most part.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    from PFF:

OFFENSIVE LINE OF THE WEEK: TORONTO ARGONAUTS

Another week, another great performance from the Toronto offensive line. The Argos rushing attack averaged 2.0 yards before contact per attempt, which was the second-highest mark of the week. Their pass blocking was even better than their run blocking though. In 33 passing attempts, the Argos allowed just one hit and four hurries. The line is led by soon-to-be All-Star RT Dejon Allen, who allowed zero pressures. This was the fifth game this season in which he did not allow a single pressure. Centre Darius Ciraco also played well enough to earn a spot on the Team of the Week.

Team of the Week

OFFENSE

• QB: Tre Ford, Edmonton Elks
    • RB: A.J. Ouellette, Toronto Argonauts
    • Outside WR: Eugene Lewis, Edmonton Elks
    • Slot WR: Reggie Begelton, Calgary Stampeders
    • Slot WR: Nic Demski, Winnipeg Blue Bombers
    • Slot WR: Tim White, Hamilton Tiger-Cats
    • Outside WR: Austin Mack, Montreal Alouettes
    • LT: Brandon Kemp, Hamilton Tiger-Cats
    • LG: Brandon Revenberg, Hamilton Tiger-Cats
    • C: Darius Ciraco, Toronto Argonauts