Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
I disagree. You're expecting MBT to come in and pick up where he left off with the Argos. I don't expect it. I think they have a better chance at success with Ford at QB. He was quite good last year and I expected him to improve this year. MBT might start to drop in play at this stage in his career, and being away from the league for a year. I watched every game he played in the USFL because I am a fan of his. IMO, he didn't improve as the season went on.
The Breakers' o-line was abysmal from about week 3 on. He led the league in passing despite that. Sure, MBT might drop in play at this stage in his career, and Ford might be ready to excel. But the opposite of both might also happen, and I'd put more money on the latter than the former.

Ford has played less than a full season in the CFL, and before that he was playing against OUA competition. To expect him to become a top-notch starter at this point would be foolhardy, which I think explains Jones deciding he needs a more experienced, proven starter. I believe that opinion is shared by execs and coaches around the league. And most if not all likely feel the same way about Powell, Crum and T. Adams. All of them might become stars or at least long-term starters, but none -- including Ford -- is a sure bet to do so. Rourke was a unicorn.