Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
The Breakers' o-line was abysmal from about week 3 on. He led the league in passing despite that. Sure, MBT might drop in play at this stage in his career, and Ford might be ready to excel. But the opposite of both might also happen, and I'd put more money on the latter than the former.

Ford has played less than a full season in the CFL, and before that he was playing against OUA competition. To expect him to become a top-notch starter at this point would be foolhardy, which I think explains Jones deciding he needs a more experienced, proven starter. I believe that opinion is shared by execs and coaches around the league. And most if not all likely feel the same way about Powell, Crum and T. Adams. All of them might become stars or at least long-term starters, but none -- including Ford -- is a sure bet to do so. Rourke was a unicorn.
Like I said, I watched every game he played. WAs he pressured at times? Sure, but not as much as you are making it seem. He will get pressured even more in Edmonton. Ford is just too good a dual threat to sit him after the way he finished last year. We will continue to disagree here, but I think time will prove, this was a very bad decision by the Elks. Jones hasn't made many good decisions since going back to Edmonton.