Back in 2017 I complained directly to George Cope about a similar incident with a CTV’S interview.

It was supposed to be a cute interview with SJ Green's young son SJ III. In response to the an interviewer question, SJ III replied that he wanted to follow in his dad's footsteps and play professional football. The interviewer then asked him where he wanted to play football? The very young SJ. Jr. replied here of course, for the Argos in the CFL like his dad.

The interviewer was clearly taken aback. The interviewer asked him "Are you sure here"? "The Argos and the CFL"? "Are you sure the CFL over the NFL"? "Why don't you want to play in the NFL"? SJ III said "Because my dad plays here." That's when the interviewer finally got it. To the CTV interviewer, clearly no rational reason to want to play for the Argos or in the CFL except because of his dad.

An eleven year old got it, but not a Toronto media member with an ownership position. Would Messi’s son be confronted at Inter Miami for not aspiring to play for Barcelona by CBS Miami? Hardly likely.

‘Reminds me of the old commercial “only in Canada” “pity.”