Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    With Nield going 7catches/82 yards, Ungerer 3/51 and Brissett 2/35 the Argos Canadian Air Force shows how valuable it is with 61% of the Argos receiving yardage.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    That was absolute THEFT...Alouettes were definitely the best team on the field tonite, but a great hit by our #1 defensive player Pickett gives us the only turnover we needed, then despite the refs Chad makes the throw he has to make, and Ungerer rescues a bad snap for the winning points, and finally our D-lineman blocks the last gasp field goal.
    That boys+girls is the definition of Digging Deep.
    That is the definition of WILL TO WIN.
    That is the definition of team play. If any one of the men I mentioned above does NOT do what they did, the Argos lose. So proud of our guys.

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    The Argos seemed dead in the water, but good teams find ways to win. Consider this sequence (posted for posterity):

1. Wynton McManis sacks Cody Fajardo and forces Cote into a 53-yard attempt, which is missed. Ball is returned by Argos out of endzone, but there is a penalty on Toronto and the Argos scrimmage from the 1.
    2. Argos go for it on 3rd and 3 from the 8 and draw a PI penalty to extend drive.
    3. Argos get game tying TD only for it to be called back.
    4. Argos turn ball over on downs.
    5. Als have to punt the ball back to Toronto.
    6. Clutch catches by both Brissett and Coxie to tie the game!
    7. Oy, Cody Fajardo!
    8. Bede 3!
    9. Oh no, Philpot into Argos territory to give Cote a chance to tie!
    10. The Dewayne Hendrix Experience says no way!

23-20

See you at BMO Field on November 11.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Great comeback win - sign of a very good team.

Argo O & D both seemed to go to sleep in the 2nd half; but - a few key plays seal the win: forced bad throw by Pickett results in a pick; great throw and outstanding route & catch by Coxie; and then the Hendrix Experience !

And nice game by young DB Pierce with some good tackles & hits including a forced fumble.

More run game would have helped and this young McMahon kid could be another weapon for the offence.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    What a game!
    A few obvious notes for the Coach however....
    1. far too many stupid penalties, roughing and objectional conduct penalties have to stop
    2. Kelly is the MVP, stop exposing him to unnecessary hits. If he gets hurt, the season is over
    3. Punt and kickoff returns coverage must get better

Otherwise it was a fantastic game and an unbelievable finish.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level

They won?

After the third quarter I didn’t think there was any way the Argos could get a win in that game. About 1 in 5 CFL games are won with around 24 points, and I didn’t think there was any way that the Argos would be able to get to that level.

The big problem as far as I could see was that Chad Kelly was average, or worse for most of the game. He was something like 21 of 35 for 275 yards overall, and yes was good in the last couple of minutes of the game. He didn’t throw an interception, but that was because several of his passes were so far off the mark that even the other team wasn’t close to them. I wonder why all the high passes which we have seen for a couple of games now.

Pierce seemed to have a decent game. Peters and McManis were good. And as usual, Pickett was outstanding. I didn’t think McMahon wowed anyone but then only had a couple of plays.

Congrats to the team for winning the division. An incredible accomplishment at this point in the season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Argos go for it on 3rd and 3 from the 8 and draw a PI penalty to extend drive.
    I couldn’t believe my eyes. Suitor wondered if they thought it was 2nd down. After all the situations RD has refused to gamble on, he takes maybe his boldest gamble ever, and it wins the game for them?

Does this mean we can expect bolder gambles from RD going forward? Or was this just “screw it we got 1st locked it doesn’t matter”?

I was surprised how many bad throws from Chad. I’m still a little concerned there may be something wrong with his elbow or hand or something. But after playing like crap for 57 minutes he finally finds his cape and throws two 40-yds-in-air dimes that turn things around, big plays at big moments like the great ones do.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    With Nield going 7catches/82 yards, Ungerer 3/51 and Brissett 2/35 the Argos Canadian Air Force shows how valuable it is with 61% of the Argos receiving yardage.
    And I didn't even include Gittens in the Canadian Air Force. Hopefully he'll be back before the playoffs.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    2. Argos go for it on 3rd and 3 from the 8 and draw a PI penalty to extend drive.
    This was an indication to me that this game meant nothing to the Argos. If it did, there is no way they do that with 5 minutes remaining. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Level
    Well, I turned it on in the middle of the third quarter only to watch a miserable 1.5 quarters (about to take the blame for the loss as it was obviously my fault for bringing them bad luck or something) and then to see this ending. Craziness! Hello Nov. 11!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Ungerer is a gritty little sure-handed receiver; the Ticats should have kept him, but when the thinking is only one Canadian need apply for playing time at the position ...

Argos could easily roll 3 or 4 National receivers if need be; Brissett is showing big play ability and has speed, Nield is very impressive and we know what Gittens can do. Maybe Jared Wayne shows up from an NFL look down the road too.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Ungerer is a gritty little sure-handed receiver; .
    I loved the Ungerer signing the day it happened. He impressed me with Hamilton whenever he got the chance. I also feel more comfortable with him holding on FG's. I don't know when it was the pro football teams turned to their punters to be holders, but I think it's dumb. I get the theory that the punter, kicker and snapper are a team that spend almost the entire practice together, but I personally want a really good ball handler as holder. Haggerty already let a snap go through his hands on a convert earlier. I just like a receiver or a QB as the holder.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I loved the Ungerer signing the day it happened. He impressed me with Hamilton whenever he got the chance. I also feel more comfortable with him holding on FG's. I don't know when it was the pro football teams turned to their punters to be holders, but I think it's dumb. I get the theory that the punter, kicker and snapper are a team that spend almost the entire practice together, but I personally want a really good ball handler as holder. Haggerty already let a snap go through his hands on a convert earlier. I just like a receiver or a QB as the holder.
    BenCahoon used to hold I believe. Especially when the weather gets cold.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    That was a gutsy performance, with some truly clutch plays near the end. We really didn't deserve to win the game, but great teams find a way. It's fantastic to know we have first wrapped up. But there are a lot of issues that need to be addressed. This game will give RD plenty of stuff to point out in film study.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Boatman
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Level
    The TSN Turning Point was when Wynton McManis started dancing around like a mascot on the field goal try with less than 6 minutes to go. He ended the routine by pointing wide right and the kicker missed on almost the exact angle he pointed. I was dying laughing and had to rewind the broadcast to show my wife. Didn't hear anyone mention his antics on the broadcast, but in some uncanny way he seemed to influence that play and set the table for the unexpected comeback. If I were savvy enough, I could probably make that video go viral on social media.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Ungerer handled the high snap like a champ on the game winning FG last night, your point is well made.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    This was an indication to me that this game meant nothing to the Argos. If it did, there is no way they do that with 5 minutes remaining. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise.
    I loved that gamble and firmly believe that it was the right and only call to make there - even though it's one we wouldn't see any other coach make. If the Argos had punted there, the Als would have almost certainly been in FG range already and they only needed a FG to effectively put the game away.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    To me this was a symbolic game.

When you look at the team's success over the last few years, the Argos are no longer a football team that can win. They are now a top football team and a world class sports organization.

Enjoy the next seven weeks, ladies and gentlemen. No one can take it away.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level

Third and Three

I was yelling at them to go for it on third and three given the score and time situation. Doesn’t make any difference if you loose by 1 point or a bunch.

Given how Kelly had been up to that point what play did you think they would call? They only needed 3 yards. I thought it would be the fake handoff up the middle and the toss outside to Ouellette. They were definitely lucky as it didn’t look like a good pass to me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    1. Wynton McManis sacks Cody Fajardo and forces Cote into a 53-yard attempt, which is missed.
    This play really impressed me. McManis disguised and timed his blitz so well that the back (not sure who it was) had no chance to pick him up. An Als score on that drive probably gets them the win.