Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I would argue they owe it to their fans to maximize the chances of winning the championship. Look at 2004 -- they sat out almost everybody in the final home game and got crushed by Montreal, but two weeks later they upset the Als to get to the Grey Cup. I didn't like watching a bunch of scrubs surrender 58 points at home, but in the grand scheme it was the right decision.
    Right, but that was the last game of the year. I already am suggesting they use the last 2 games (on the road) to do this.

You can also argue they did this in 2021 against Edmonton and they were upset in the Eastern Final. There really is no exact science here. I stand by my feelings they need to play as close to their best at home. We only get 8 home games a year, and nobody wants to lose more than the one they already give up on a yearly basis.
    Last edited by AngeloV; 09-22-2023 at 01:00 PM.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Right, but that was the last game of the year. I already am suggesting they use the last 2 games (on the road) to do this.

You can also argue they did this in 2021 against Edmonton and they were upset in the Eastern Final. There really is no exact science here. I stand by my feelings they need to play as close to their best at home. We only get 8 home games a year, and nobody wants to lose more than the one they already give up on a yearly basis.
    You make valid points. On the other/other hand, doing it only for the last two games risks putting the team out of rhythm/kilter heading into the playoffs. I'd rather see a close-to-full lineup for at least part of the last game than use it for wholesale resting.

I still think they need to give a bunch of guys a game off, spread judiciously over the last five games (with Ouellette the only one being fully rested this wk) and make sure that the two young QBs get some real playing time before the season ends, preferably with a reasonably decent lineup around them.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    You make valid points. On the other/other hand, doing it only for the last two games risks putting the team out of rhythm/kilter heading into the playoffs. I'd rather see a close-to-full lineup for at least part of the last game than use it for wholesale resting.

I still think they need to give a bunch of guys a game off, spread judiciously over the last five games (with Ouellette the only one being fully rested this wk) and make sure that the two young QBs get some real playing time before the season ends, preferably with a reasonably decent lineup around them.
    I don't disagree with your last point. Sitting out Oulette this week is a start. I would sit McManis,Orimilade and Pickett for a game here or there as well, but not at the same time. You still should be trying to win your games. I just don't want to see a game like the season finale against Edmonton from '21 again, especially at home.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I don't disagree with your last point. Sitting out Oulette this week is a start. I would sit McManis,Orimilade and Pickett for a game here or there as well, but not at the same time. You still should be trying to win your games. I just don't want to see a game like the season finale against Edmonton from '21 again, especially at home.
    BMO Field has some awful hot chocolate.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I still have nightmares over that game. I don't think a meaningless game has pissed me off more.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force