Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Game Thread: Hamilton Tiger-Cats @ Toronto Argoanuts - September 23, 2023

The Tiger-Cats are (and should) feeling good about themselves after beating Winnipeg at home.

Let's see what kind of lineup the Argos decide to put out there on Saturday.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 448
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    They've lots to play for... Us, notsomuch.
    We'll be rotating starters and hiding parts of our playbook... Them, notsomuch.
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I don't expect the Argos to be rotating starters unless injury related at this point. I expect a good game, but I also expect the Argos to win.
    As for the Ti-Cats, 2 things IMO have turned their season around. Scott Milanovich coming in as OC, and the removal of Duke the ultra headcase Williams.
    Must also give props to fellow Greek Canadian Stavros (malaka) Katsantonis who has been excellent at safety.

On a side note, for those calling me a Ti-Cat lover because I cheered for them over the Bombers, (Looking at you gil), my hatred for them is back. Seeing their disgusting, nauseating fans surround the TSN panel chanting Argos suck, was more than I can take.

But I am still happy the Cats been the Bombers. For starters, it will give their fans false hope and they may be out at BMO Saturday night, which will not only help attendance, but send them on that long drive or Go train ride back home disappointed.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I don't expect the Argos to be rotating starters unless injury related at this point. I expect a good game, but I also expect the Argos to win.
    As for the Ti-Cats, 2 things IMO have turned their season around. Scott Milanovich coming in as OC, and the removal of Duke the ultra headcase Williams.
    Must also give props to fellow Greek Canadian Stavros (malaka) Katsantonis who has been excellent at safety.

On a side note, for those calling me a Ti-Cat lover because I cheered for them over the Bombers, (Looking at you gil), my hatred for them is back. Seeing their disgusting, nauseating fans surround the TSN panel chanting Argos suck, was more than I can take.

But I am still happy the Cats been the Bombers. For starters, it will give their fans false hope and they may be out at BMO Saturday night, which will not only help attendance, but send them on that long drive or Go train ride back home disappointed.
    LOL! It was said in good fun Big Guy. Yes, after seeing the goofs behind the TSN Panel postgame, its good to see your hatred for that fan base has returned. Argos are still too talented to lose to Hamilton despite having clinched.

New Fan
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Level
    Glad to see that you are back to hating the "Puddy Tats". I attended the game with my brother *, and suggested to him afterwards that we go to where the panel was, which we did. We were behind a barrier, which was located in front of the panel, when the chanting started. To my surprise, my brother responded with his own chant of "11 & 1, 11 &1" . His reaction prompted me to cheer "1999, 1999", which I've done numerous times through the years, and has proven to be quite effective in quieting down the Hamilton "fans" who deride the Argos in that fashion.

* For those who don't know his situation, please see the Paper Tickets thread.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level

Tuesday injury report

An injury report was posted today.
    https://www.cfl.ca/2023/09/19/ticats...s-out-on-tues/

“The Ticats began practicing on Tuesday without four players, including quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell (leg) and linebacker Chris Edwards (knee). Running back James Butler (ankle) was limited.
    In Toronto, running back Andrew Harris (knee), offensive lineman Isiah Cage (hamstring) and wide receiver Cam Phillips (groin) were amongst five players who sat out on Tuesday for the Argonauts. Offensive linemen Dariusz Bladek (foot) and Jared Brinkman (foot) were limited.”

It said that Spencer Nichols, Shane Richards, and Trevon Tate were full participants, Dariusz Bladek and Jared Brinkman were limited, and Carnell, Cage, Harris, Muamba, and Phillips did not practice.

Brinkman being limited is amazing given his injury.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffle View Post
    An injury report was posted today.
    https://www.cfl.ca/2023/09/19/ticats...s-out-on-tues/

“The Ticats began practicing on Tuesday without four players, including quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell (leg) and linebacker Chris Edwards (knee). Running back James Butler (ankle) was limited.
    In Toronto, running back Andrew Harris (knee), offensive lineman Isiah Cage (hamstring) and wide receiver Cam Phillips (groin) were amongst five players who sat out on Tuesday for the Argonauts. Offensive linemen Dariusz Bladek (foot) and Jared Brinkman (foot) were limited.”

It said that Spencer Nichols, Shane Richards, and Trevon Tate were full participants, Dariusz Bladek and Jared Brinkman were limited, and Carnell, Cage, Harris, Muamba, and Phillips did not practice.

Brinkman being limited is amazing given his injury.
    Yes, I am pleasantly surprised that Brinkman is already back practising.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level

Robert Preister

I note Robert Preister has disappeared from the injury list so I wonder if that means he is game ready again. I am not sure whose position he will fill but it would be good to have him game ready for the play offs.

Over at 3downnation, they listed Brandon Barlow as the breakout player of the week. He has 7 sacks on the season so far.

I am sure I saw a note somewhere that Pierce had the highest PFF rating for the Argos defensive backs in the Montreal game. After a bit of a rough start that is very good.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I am sure I saw a note somewhere that Pierce had the highest PFF rating for the Argos defensive backs in the Montreal game. After a bit of a rough start that is very good.
    This is a great example of why we should never rush to judgment on a player. Pierce struggled on Labour Day, and (to my untrained eye, at least) looked only marginally better the following week. But once he got used to playing one of the most difficult positions in football, and got past the pressure of unexpectedly lining up against the Ticats on Labour Day, he started to show that he might be a player.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I note Robert Preister has disappeared from the injury list so I wonder if that means he is game ready again. I am not sure whose position he will fill but it would be good to have him game ready for the play offs.

Over at 3downnation, they listed Brandon Barlow as the breakout player of the week. He has 7 sacks on the season so far.

I am pretty sure that Priester is back on the 6-game injured list. He was back practising a few weeks ago but I suspect he must have suffered a setback.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    This is a great example of why we should never rush to judgment on a player. Pierce struggled on Labour Day, and (to my untrained eye, at least) looked only marginally better the following week. But once he got used to playing one of the most difficult positions in football, and got past the pressure of unexpectedly lining up against the Ticats on Labour Day, he started to show that he might be a player.
    I completely agree. It takes time to see a player's full potential and if they have the right attitude over the long term. If you give up on players too quickly, you will burn yourself and help another team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Hmm, Ouellete is listed as a healthy scratch for this game, even though Harris is out with injury. I guess we'll get to see Adeboboye and McMahon get their shots.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mocha View Post
    Hmm, Ouellete is listed as a healthy scratch for this game, even though Harris is out with injury. I guess we'll get to see Adeboboye and McMahon get their shots.

Adeboboye is in his 2nd season with the team; perfect time for him to get a shot at lots of carries AND give AJ a rest.

They should bang the run game hard at the Ticats so-so defence; maybe McMahon provides a different RB look as well. If Giffen is healthy I'd start him too (and give Hunter or Nicastro a rest), and see how the Ticats D likes a 330 pound road grader coming at them; MacKellar could play reps on the O-line too.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I expect McMahon to be the feature back this week. Adeboboye is such a big part of their special teams, I don't see him getting #1 offensive reps, but hopefully gets some. Only thing that worries me about McMahon is pass protection given his size.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I think it's a good move. AJ plays a tough style of football that is not easy on the body. Give him some well deserved rest and recovery time.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Only three changes to the lineup this wk: Ouellette, Harris and Cage out; SB Rajae Johnson, LB Daniel Kwamou and OT Trevon Tate in.

McMahon starts at RB, Johnson at SB, Tate at LT.

The big news is that Harris has been placed on the six-game IL. I'm betting he is shut down until the Eastern Final -- they can save one-third of his salary, and he really doesn't need recent game action to be effective, as he showed during last year's EF and Grey Cup. Ouellette is only on the one-game IL, fortunately.
    Last edited by paulwoods13; 09-22-2023 at 12:11 PM.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Only three changes to the lineup this wk: Ouellette, Harris and Cage out; SB Rajae Johnson, LB Eli Kwamou and OT Trevon Tate in.

The big news is that Harris has been placed on the six-game IL. I'm betting he is shut down until the Eastern Final -- they can save one-third of his salary, and he really doesn't need recent game action to be effective, as he showed during last year's EF and Grey Cup. Ouellette is only on the one-game IL, fortunately.
    Judging by Oulette's 635lb squat this week, I think it's safe to say he is just a healthy scratch, and they are giving him a rest.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Only three changes to the lineup this wk: Ouellette, Harris and Cage out; SB Rajae Johnson, LB Daniel Kwamou and OT Trevon Tate in.

The only sad thing about this is that Harris won't play in Winnipeg which means that he never played another game in Winnipeg after he left the Bombers.

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I hope McMahon, Adeboboye and Leake can block in the backfield for obvious reasons.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I hope McMahon, Adeboboye and Leake can block in the backfield for obvious reasons.
    Wouldn't shock me to see a few 6 o-lineman sets this week.