Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Grey Cup Week, CFL Awards, Entertainment and the Argos

The Argos will be involved in Grey Cup Week. If the Argos gets beat in the playoffs before the Grey Cup by someone a little lower on the totem pole than God (God has a strange way of intervening when someone says they can't be beat as the owners of the Titanic and Leo Cahill found out), then every player on that winning team needs to be tested to find what they are taking. The Argos will also be there to receive a lot of awards during the week, considering how they have performed so far. Which Argos should be getting Most Outstanding Awards in your opinion?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The half-time entertainment is Green Day. Not my cup of tea. However, they are well known, but I would have preferred a Canadian group.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Day

Boatman
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Actually I like Green Day and I think they will put on a great show. Might be CFL's effort to try and draw in a younger audience!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I absolutely hate Green Day but I have to respect they are a huge band, especially among my generation. Big name and I can't argue with it at all. Very surprising.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    The Argos will also be there to receive a lot of awards during the week, considering how they have performed so far. Which Argos should be getting Most Outstanding Awards in your opinion?
    IMO the likely East nominees include Kelly (MOP), Pickett (MODP), Allen (MOOL) and Leake (MOSTP). MOR will come down to either Stiggers or (more likely, assuming he's eligible) Hamilton's McAllister. MOC is a tough call but I think Argo nominee will be either Ryan Hunter or Royce Metchie. And Dinwiddie is a shoo-in for COTY.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    IMO the likely East nominees include Kelly (MOP), Pickett (MODP), Allen (MOOL) and Leake (MOSTP). MOR will come down to either Stiggers or (more likely, assuming he's eligible) Hamilton's McAllister. MOC is a tough call but I think Argo nominee will be either Ryan Hunter or Royce Metchie. And Dinwiddie is a shoo-in for COTY.
    I knoW tackles usually are looked at in higher regard than guards, but to me, not even close, Hunter is the Argos best o-lineman. They couldn't run the ball at all until he arrived.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I can't evaluate o-linemen, but Ben Grant seems to believe Allen has been superb this year. Clearly Hunter has as well.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I can't evaluate o-linemen, but Ben Grant seems to believe Allen has been superb this year. Clearly Hunter has as well.
    Yeah, true enough. I just think that Tackles always seem to be the preferred choice when it comes to O-line awards.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I feel like Dejon Allen has been incredibly underrated although Hunter is certainly a dominant o-lineman himself.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    McManis vs Pickett for MODP is a really tough call, but I agree Pickett is the best performer this season, terrific pickup by the Argos.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueGuy View Post
    McManis vs Pickett for MODP is a really tough call, but I agree Pickett is the best performer this season, terrific pickup by the Argos.
    Up until recently I would have agreed, but IMO McManis's recent play has moved him into the lead for top defensive player on the Argos. Two pick sixes, and three picks, in his past two games, IIRC. That said, I 100% agree that Pickett has been superb all year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueGuy View Post
    How many writers actually vote MOP over MVP? I would say Pickett is the Argos defensive MVP by a mile. The team can not live without him. He’s there almost every single play. Tackles, hurries, bat downs. If you’re looking at numbers, McManus has the picks. I would still lean Pickett. Guy is unbelievably versatile.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Up until recently I would have agreed, but IMO McManis's recent play has moved him into the lead for top defensive player on the Argos. Two pick sixes, and three picks, in his past two games, IIRC. That said, I 100% agree that Pickett has been superb all year.
    That's the way I see it too.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Hamilton will have a large contingent of former players present during Grey Cup week including eight Tiger Cat Wall of Honour members.

The biggest collection of Ticats legends ever is coming to 2023 Grey Cup Festival events next week, courtesy of Access Storage.

The confirmed list of fan favourites includes: Brandon Banks, Joe Montford, Grover Covington, Garney Henley, Ben Zambiasi, Less Browne, Rob Hitchcock, Paul Osbaldiston, Mike Filer, Kevin Glenn, Jamall Johnson, Calvin Tiggle, Marc Beswick, Bakari Grant, JoJuan Armour, Mike Morreale, Erik Harris, Bob Krouse and more!

The group includes eight members of the Ticats Wall of Honour: Hitchcock, Montford, Osbaldiston, Browne, Covington, Zambiasi, Krouse and Henley.

One of the best places to meet them, along with stars from every CFL team, is the Carstar CFLAA Legends Luncheon, a week from Friday, on November 17. It features a silent auction of amazing memorabilia and the presentation of two prestigious awards, to the CFL Alumnus of the Year, and to the alumni’s Indigenous Champion. A limited number of tickets to the event are still available, CLICK HERE for more information.

In addition to the Legends Luncheon, fans can expect to see top Ticats just about everywhere – at team parties, coaching flag football at Fan Central on James Street, and in Niagara Falls at the CFL Awards on Thursday, November 16.
    https://ticats.ca/article/eight-wall...access-storage

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The East and West CFL Award nominees have been announced with Brady Oliveira and Chad Kelly representing the West and East respectively for the top Award of MOP. More than 40 events will occur in Grey Cup Week.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers running back Brady Oliveira and Toronto Argonauts quarterback Chad Kelly will go head-to-head for the league’s top individual honour – the Most Outstanding Player – at the 2023 CFL Awards.

The 2023 Grey Cup Festival from November 13-19 will include over 40 events to captivate football fans, music lovers, athletes and families alike. It will feature events organized by various community organizations, such as Sonic Unyon (Supercrawl), Around the Bay and Hamilton Santa Claus Parade, among others that are contributing to building a contemporary Hamilton. Additional information, event listings and full details can be found at Greycupfestival.ca.
    The 110th Grey Cup will be played in Hamilton at Tim Hortons Field on Sunday, November 19 with kickoff slated for 6 p.m. ET. The championship contest will be available live across the nation on TSN and RDS – Canada’s home of the CFL, online through CFL+ for all international viewers, as well as on SiriusXM’s Canada Talks (ch. 167). A limited number of tickets are available for purchase via Ticketmaster while supplies last.
    2023 CFL AWARD NOMINEES

AWARD WEST DIVISION NOMINEE EAST DIVISION NOMINEE
    Player Brady Oliveira (WPG) Chad Kelly (TOR)
    Defensive Player Mathieu Betts (BC) Adarius Pickett (TOR)
    Canadian Brady Oliveira (WPG) Marc-Antoine Dequoy (MTL)
    Offensive Lineman Jermarcus Hardrick (WPG) Dejon Allen (TOR)
    Special Teams Player Sean Whyte (BC) Javon Leake (TOR)
    Rookie Kai Gray (EDM) Qwan’tez Stiggers (TOR)
    Coach of the Year Mike O’Shea (WPG) Ryan Dinwiddie (TOR)
    https://www.cfl.ca/2023/11/01/olivei...ward-nominees/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    My choices are:

MOP Chad Kelly

Defensive Player Adarius Pickett

Canadian Brady Oliveira

OL Jermarcus Hardrick

ST Player Javon Leake

Rookie Qwan'tez Stiggers

Coach of the Year Ryan Dinwiddie

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Somewhat unrelated but hoping someone can help me --- I am looking for information on pre-paid parking for the GC game itself. When they played the Heritage Classic at Tim Hortons Field (and the last GC in Hamilton two years ago) they actually sent an email out for people to buy pre-sale parking in some of the outer lots a week or two before the game (like Lot E and Lot F) -- if anyone has any access or links to presale parking please let me know. Thanks!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Hamilton will have a large contingent of former players present during Grey Cup week including eight Tiger Cat Wall of Honour members.

https://ticats.ca/article/eight-wall...access-storage
    Hopefully, Banks can see his other former team win a second consecutive Grey Cup.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force