Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Back to the game-day thread, there was one major (and possibly devastating) development. Dejon Allen left the game and had a boot on one foot. He was replaced by Hunter, with MacKellar sliding into Hunter's spot at LG. Presumably Cage will be healthy soon, but I have no idea whether either Cage or Tate can slide over to RT. If we leave Hunter out there, Mackellar is adequate at guard but we start to get thin behind the starters. Giffen's a good player, but Noll is unproven and I've expressed concerns about Richards many times over the past year.
    The Argos also have Bladek in reserve too, Paul.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Kelly didn’t play great but did like some of the reads he made long despite not connecting. I agree with Paul that he doesn’t look like himself which is why I’m worried to sit him. Hopefully he can get meaningful reps and Dukes can coke in once the game is in control like last night.

There were times it looked like Leake was going to take one to the house with Ismail, Owens and Pinball in attendance.

Not a fan of Pickett still playing specials at this point of the season. Is it really necessary for him to do so?
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Raptors hold or at least used to hold (I stopped following) public signings with current and past players. Two players at a time. And they make it clear what the rules are. Of course its a crapshoot but at least they have it written down and can point to it when asked. The effort some fans put in to come to a tailgate at not an easy time on a work day and to to only find out there was some details not included is not fair to them. It's just such a typical Argos SNAFU. The wristbands didn't even guarantee you one last night...
    I can't look at last night as anything "typical" for the Argos, and I've been to quite a few celebratory events over the years. It was, in fact, the best-run, classiest such event I can remember. Obviously if a few fans are unhappy because they didn't get exactly what they wanted or expected from the autograph session, then it can't be considered perfect. (One fan loudly and profanely complained to me -- why me, who knows -- that the organization had provided only plain cards to get signed instead of glossy photos. Some people sure have a strong sense of entitlement.) I daresay the vast majority of fans who showed up yesterday enjoyed and appreciated the event, and all that went into it.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    The Argos also have Bladek in reserve too, Paul.
    You are right, but what is the likelihood he gets activated at this point? I think it's low. Also, he would presumably go in at RG, where he played before, necessitating a cascading series of changes on the line. IMO the best option is to move either Tate or Cage to RT and leave every other starter where they are already playing -- if one of those two can handle the side switch.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    The Argos offensive and defensive lines (for the most part) dominated this game. Kelly did get sacked a few times, but the Argos ran for 151 yards whereas Kevin Brown was held to 10 yards on 6 carries and Tre Ford was sacked 5 times.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Achievements:
    Level
    I can't look at last night as anything "typical" for the Argos, and I've been to quite a few celebratory events over the years. It was, in fact, the best-run, classiest such event I can remember. Obviously if a few fans are unhappy because they didn't get exactly what they wanted or expected from the autograph session, then it can't be considered perfect. (One fan loudly and profanely complained to me -- why me, who knows -- that the organization had provided only plain cards to get signed instead of glossy photos. Some people sure have a strong sense of entitlement.) I daresay the vast majority of fans who showed up yesterday enjoyed and appreciated the event, and all that went into it.
    Paul, my only real gripe is mostly the miscommunication. It’s typical for Argos because I went to Guelph for the scrimmage and was given an incorrect start time. Why would I want to put in the effort to attend these specific times events only to be let down again and again. Argos can choose whatever method they want but it could’ve been more clear beforehand. And maybe have staff present rather than third party security company. A more minor gripe was lack of merch and I thought the tent looked a little cheap. 6 of the biggest names just put in a tent like that. I don’t know what honestly could’ve been instead. Just looked cheap?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    You are right, but what is the likelihood he gets activated at this point? I think it's low. Also, he would presumably go in at RG, where he played before, necessitating a cascading series of changes on the line. IMO the best option is to move either Tate or Cage to RT and leave every other starter where they are already playing -- if one of those two can handle the side switch.
    If Tate or Cage can't play right tackle - and I imagine both can although it would be a bit of an adjustment - then Hunter could go to right tackle and Bladek could play guard. I think that the Argos have lots of options with their depth. Hopefully, Allen can return for the postseason though.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Officiating highlight of the game was head ref Tom Vallesi looking directly at the game clock and deciding the whistle in the play with 3:01 left in the game, which gave us a three minute warning at 2:38 instead of 3:00. That's one way to shorten a blowout game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Back to the game-day thread, there was one major (and possibly devastating) development. Dejon Allen left the game and had a boot on one foot. He was replaced by Hunter, with MacKellar sliding into Hunter's spot at LG. Presumably Cage will be healthy soon, but I have no idea whether either Cage or Tate can slide over to RT. If we leave Hunter out there, Mackellar is adequate at guard but we start to get thin behind the starters. Giffen's a good player, but Noll is unproven and I've expressed concerns about Richards many times over the past year.
    I am surprised to hear of Allen’s injury. I watch closely on tv but had absolutely no idea he got hurt.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Apparently he missed the whole second half although I didn't notice him in civvies until the fourth quarter. Presumably a decision was made at halftime to shut him down; hopefully precautionary. I really doubt Bladek will be activated during the regular season, if at all, unless there is a real run of injuries on the line. As someone pointed out recently, they didn't activate Nicastro late last season even though he was apparently recovered and ready.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Paul, my only real gripe is mostly the miscommunication. It’s typical for Argos because I went to Guelph for the scrimmage and was given an incorrect start time. Why would I want to put in the effort to attend these specific times events only to be let down again and again. Argos can choose whatever method they want but it could’ve been more clear beforehand. And maybe have staff present rather than third party security company. A more minor gripe was lack of merch and I thought the tent looked a little cheap. 6 of the biggest names just put in a tent like that. I don’t know what honestly could’ve been instead. Just looked cheap?
    Your only gripe is miscommunication. And using a third party instead of staff to handle logistics. And lack of merch. And a cheap-looking tent. (!)

I'm sorry, Gabe, this rubs me the wrong way after the best celebratory event the org has ever staged. One commentator (JB on Xs and Argos) even compared it to what the Montreal Canadiens do in such affairs. That's a bit of a stretch, IMO. But it was a hell of a good event, with (apparently) a small number of disgruntled (and in one case, at least -- the guy who complained that the FREE autograph cards weren't good enough) autograph seekers.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    If Tate or Cage can't play right tackle - and I imagine both can although it would be a bit of an adjustment - then Hunter could go to right tackle and Bladek could play guard. I think that the Argos have lots of options with their depth. Hopefully, Allen can return for the postseason though.

Another, of several options, would be to play Giffen at OG, if Hunter went to OT; he has dressed and played this year, as opposed to Bladek who has not played and is maybe not in game shape, though he has more CFL starting experience than most of the Argos interior O-line. MacKellar has played too, but saw him get driven backwards on to his butt last game; Giffen is bigger and has more CFL/Argo roster experience, and might be a plus in road grading when the ground game is hopefully important in the play-offs.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:

Level
    I thought the pre-game and half time festivities were great !! Only thing I would have wanted added was to name all those other ex players that came onto the field. I know that would take much time, but run through the names at least. Get a cheer here and there for players that most people remember and like.
    I loved seeing our past heros like Prefontaine and Chad Owens, Massotti, Ilesic, Ray, to name a few. My only real disappointment was the crowd. I wish the team and the city, especially the almost non existent sports media here would actually think about the Argos for a moment. But, that is my major rant, and it didn't spoil the night for me, since I am a die hard fan, so I'll set that aside.

Achievements:
    Level
    Your only gripe is miscommunication. And using a third party instead of staff to handle logistics. And lack of merch. And a cheap-looking tent. (!)

I'm sorry, Gabe, this rubs me the wrong way after the best celebratory event the org has ever staged. One commentator (JB on Xs and Argos) even compared it to what the Montreal Canadiens do in such affairs. That's a bit of a stretch, IMO. But it was a hell of a good event, with (apparently) a small number of disgruntled (and in one case, at least -- the guy who complained that the FREE autograph cards weren't good enough) autograph seekers.
    Do Montreal fans wonder where the big alumni stars are? Tucked away in a small tent in the back of a park. Who could I ask to speak to on more for information about the signing or specific merchandise? The security guards who aren’t employed by the team or the ones handing out the autograph cards who had no idea where they got their 150 stickers from. What time should be there? Says opens at 3:30. Get there before the tailgate opens. All bracelets gone. Guess I should’ve wasted a sick day and take the day off. Better or more transparent communication is not much of an ask.

For someone who goes to trade shows and signings regularly as a kid, this could’ve been way better organized. And I know I’m not the only one. I really can’t defend the organization for the autograph signing. Guy next to was saying the organization treats STHers like dirt lol. I wont go that far.

Said this before but when we cancelled our seasons, no one from the org every followed up or contacted us in trying to come back and purchase for next season. Of course I’m upset with some of the effort they put in with things and wish they would have better communication with its fans. It’s just these little things that are easily correctable and they don’t get it right.
    Last edited by ArgoGabe22; 10-07-2023 at 06:33 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Another, of several options, would be to play Giffen at OG, if Hunter went to OT; he has dressed and played this year, as opposed to Bladek who has not played and is maybe not in game shape, though he has more CFL starting experience than most of the Argos interior O-line. MacKellar has played too, but saw him get driven backwards on to his butt last game; Giffen is bigger and has more CFL/Argo roster experience, and might be a plus in road grading when the ground game is hopefully important in the play-offs.
    I really like Giffen as a guard, but that doesn't address my concern about getting thin on the line if we were to lose Allen and be unable to use both Tate and Cage. Noll is unproven, and I have major concerns about Richards.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    as I'm watching Bo Levi blow out the Riders, just wanted to say the 150th celebration/tailgate was excellent. To 3 QB's onstage throwing out footballs+Tshirts (Ray, Allen+Holloway). Top kickers doing the same, but with their legs ( Mike V., Noel P. and Chomyc). The crowd loved it, especially the young kids. Damon and Chad Owens in particular I noticed were overly generous with their time signing autographs. So cool to see Symons and Pete Martin from the 1971 team. Also saw Mike McCarthy, Cliff Ivory, Jan Carinci, RR, Rocket and too many more to name. Yes it must have taken a lot of work to pull this all together. Still don't know how Pinball stopped the rain from falling, he is amazing!! THANK YOU ARGOS!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I really like Giffen as a guard, but that doesn't address my concern about getting thin on the line if we were to lose Allen and be unable to use both Tate and Cage. Noll is unproven, and I have major concerns about Richards.
    I believe Hunter could hold up well at OT; but still a question mark if it comes down to a big game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    I believe Hunter could hold up well at OT; but still a question mark if it comes down to a big game.
    I am not worried about the depth on the offensive line. Hopefully, Allen can go in the playoffs as he has been outstanding but the Argos have at least a couple of viable options to replace him, including Hunter and Tate/Cage and if they go to Hunter, they have viable options at guard (e.g., Bladek, McKellar, Giffen) to replace him. That's far more depth than anyone else in the league has. And I am not even including Richards, who I know that Paul isn't high on.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Do Montreal fans wonder where the big alumni stars are? Tucked away in a small tent in the back of a park. Who could I ask to speak to on more for information about the signing or specific merchandise? The security guards who aren’t employed by the team or the ones handing out the autograph cards who had no idea where they got their 150 stickers from. What time should be there? Says opens at 3:30. Get there before the tailgate opens. All bracelets gone. Guess I should’ve wasted a sick day and take the day off. Better or more transparent communication is not much of an ask.

For someone who goes to trade shows and signings regularly as a kid, this could’ve been way better organized. And I know I’m not the only one. I really can’t defend the organization for the autograph signing. Guy next to was saying the organization treats STHers like dirt lol. I wont go that far.

Said this before but when we cancelled our seasons, no one from the org every followed up or contacted us in trying to come back and purchase for next season. Of course I’m upset with some of the effort they put in with things and wish they would have better communication with its fans. It’s just these little things that are easily correctable and they don’t get it right.
    You want some cheese with that whine Gabe? Give it a rest. Nobody on this site is agreeing with you here.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:

Level
    To my eyes, Kelly has not looked himself for a few games. He's missing on passes he was making earlier this season. Fortunately this has not cost us in any tangible way, but it speaks to the need to keep getting him game reps. I would prefer he play the first half of each of the last three games (and maybe more than that vs. Sask) than have him sit one out entirely.
    I agree completely, and I’m a little worried about it. I mean, we don’t really know who the real Chad Kelly is “himself”. He probably sits somewhere in between the spectacular ultra-high level QBing we saw earlier, and the somewhat mediocre performance we saw last night.

He definitely misses Gittens and Phillips. Nield really blew it by slowing down on a perfectly thrown deep ball. And it’s gotta be hard to keep your focus razor sharp when the game is meaningless and you’re running a vanilla offence.

But there’s three more meaningless games to come before the playoffs, let’s hope somehow he can use them to get closer to his earlier form. I would play him 3 quarters in each of the next two games, then one in the last.