Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Tre Ford just show he is a in a league of his own in terms of escapability as he eluded Argo after Argo to escape and throw a TD pass. Still overall Argos are doing a good job of containing him. You just can't keep Houdini under water forever.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    The RTP penalty was a joke!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The Argo coaching staff should have taken AJ out of the game the first time he limped off the field to avoid serious injury in a game which is meaningless for the Argos.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    McManus pick six just as Ford was marching the Elks towards the end zone. Winton always seems to come up with key plays.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Argo DL dominating game shutting down Brown and sacking Ford.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Great effort by Pierce to get the INT on what looked like a completion to Cobb.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Argos sitting like vultures in the final minutes picking apart the Elks offence.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Great game, they left Kelly in long enough to keep his rhythm. Our D is looking strong.
    I wish TSN would have shown a few more Alum.
    And Ford is going to be a force in the future.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Bit of a shame UofT vs York was scheduled at the same time as the Argos game. The three teams should be working together at cross-promotion.

Then again, York put up no resistance in the game, as usual. 57-3 for the Blues.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    After years of being an Argo fan, I wondered if the sack on the first play for the offence was a portend of things to come. But this Argo team is different and resilient. Good game by them, esp special teams and the defence.

Imagine having a win with only 16 passing plays.

I thought Dan Adeboboye looked pretty good. Maybe they have a successor to Harris.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    The RTP penalty was a joke!
    That was the one on Harry, right? Honestly, I have no idea what he did on that play that warranted a roughing penalty.

I also though that the horsecollar penalty, which kept the Elks' lone TD drive alive late in the second quarter, was a weak call. The defender (Jones?) got a hand on the nameplate but quickly removed it and did not appear to pull on it.

After the Harry penalty, I started to wonder if there was a new rule about not being able to touch Tre Ford.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    That was the one on Harry, right? Honestly, I have no idea what he did on that play that warranted a roughing penalty.

I also though that the horsecollar penalty, which kept the Elks' lone TD drive alive late in the second quarter, was a weak call. The defender (Jones?) got a hand on the nameplate but quickly removed it and did not appear to pull on it.

After the Harry penalty, I started to wonder if there was a new rule about not being able to touch Tre Ford.
    Yes Ravi, that’s the play I was referring to and you are also correct in regards to the horse collar penalty.
    Nice to see the ever confused and incompetent Tom Vallessi back in control of things on the field.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Great job by the org on the reunion. Hats off to Hogie and everyone else involved in bringing back so many players and putting on such a great tailgate and in-game ceremonies and videos. There has been some grumbling, on site and at the tailgate, about the wristband policy. But I don't know what else could have been done apart from publicizing the fact that wristbands would be handed out and that numbers were limited because of time constraints. The players involved are not gonna sit there and sign for three hours, and lines have to be controlled in some fashion. Anyone who really wanted autographs could have got them from many more guys than just the big six. There was a huge corral with players chatting and signing for most of the three hours the thing was open, and there were no restrictions on getting to them.

As for the game itself, the D looked extremely good and it's especially great to see the subs performing so well, in particular Mason Pierce who has really come into his own at halfback. Jonathan Jones had a monster game as the last-minute replacement for Jordan Williams, who was a late scratch after tweaking something during warmups. And after their bye week, McManis and Oakman played like they were shot out of a cannon. I expect to see similar energy from Hendrix next week, maybe Barlow as well. I think McManis has supplanted Pickett as the likely Eastern nominee for MODP, and I think he should be the favourite to become just the second Argo to win that award.

To my eyes, Kelly has not looked himself for a few games. He's missing on passes he was making earlier this season. Fortunately this has not cost us in any tangible way, but it speaks to the need to keep getting him game reps. I would prefer he play the first half of each of the last three games (and maybe more than that vs. Sask) than have him sit one out entirely.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Great job by the org on the reunion. Hats off to Hogie and everyone else involved in bringing back so many players and putting on such a great tailgate and in-game ceremonies and videos. There has been some grumbling, on site and at the tailgate, about the wristband policy. But I don't know what else could have been done apart from publicizing the fact that wristbands would be handed out and that numbers were limited because of time constraints. The players involved are not gonna sit there and sign for three hours, and lines have to be controlled in some fashion. Anyone who really wanted autographs could have got them from many more guys than just the big six. There was a huge corral with players chatting and signing for most of the three hours the thing was open, and there were no restrictions on getting to them.

As for the game itself, the D looked extremely good and it's especially great to see the subs performing so well, in particular Mason Pierce who has really come into his own at halfback. Jonathan Jones had a monster game as the last-minute replacement for Jordan Williams, who was a late scratch after tweaking something during warmups. And after their bye week, McManis and Oakman played like they were shot out of a cannon. I expect to see similar energy from Hendrix next week, maybe Barlow as well. I think McManis has supplanted Pickett as the likely Eastern nominee for MODP, and I think he should be the favourite to become just the second Argo to win that award.

To my eyes, Kelly has not looked himself for a few games. He's missing on passes he was making earlier this season. Fortunately this has not cost us in any tangible way, but it speaks to the need to keep getting him game reps. I would prefer he play the first half of each of the last three games (and maybe more than that vs. Sask) than have him sit one out entirely.
    Of course there will be grumbling. Wristbands were gone before tailgate opened. Not even Argos staff were aware of this policy. Fans will always get turned away or miss out at these kind of events. But the organization keeps shooting themselves in the foot with such poor communication. Also, there are methods that organizers have in place to ensure the line goes smoothly and quickly. Wristbands even got turned away because it went too slow. Like the Blue/White game in Guelph starting earlier than shared with the fans. Why screw around with the fans like that? It’s disappointing and some will say us fans are too negative. I just think we care too much and want to see a better effort done by the organization. They desperately need someone in place to spearhead everything the team does. Almost like a president. Someone is signing off on these but no one it taking any responsibility for it.
    Last edited by ArgoGabe22; 10-07-2023 at 10:14 AM.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Of course there will be grumbling. Wristbands were gone before tailgate opened. Not even Argos staff were aware of this policy. Fans will always get turned away or miss out at these kind of events. But the organization keeps shooting themselves in the foot with such poor communication. Also, there are methods that organizers have in place to ensure the line goes smoothly and quickly. Wristbands even got turned away because it went too slow. Like the Blue/White starting earlier than shared with the fans. Why screw around with the fans like that? It’s disappointing and some will say us fans are too negative. I just think we care too much and want to see a better effort done by the organization. They desperately need someone in place spearhead everything the team does. Almost like a president.
    No president, however accomplished, could or should micro-manage to the level you seem to want. Could there have been better communications with fans about the need to get there early to get a wristband? Yes. Should anyone have expected that every autograph-seeker would be accommodated in two 45-minute windows? No. Is grumbling about this the best possible response to an organization that did so many things well in the celebration (like bringing in dozens of players, from big names to lesser lights), and has put a 13-2 team on the field? No.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Back to the game-day thread, there was one major (and possibly devastating) development. Dejon Allen left the game and had a boot on one foot. He was replaced by Hunter, with MacKellar sliding into Hunter's spot at LG. Presumably Cage will be healthy soon, but I have no idea whether either Cage or Tate can slide over to RT. If we leave Hunter out there, Mackellar is adequate at guard but we start to get thin behind the starters. Giffen's a good player, but Noll is unproven and I've expressed concerns about Richards many times over the past year.

Achievements:
    Level
    No president, however accomplished, could or should micro-manage to the level you seem to want. Could there have been better communications with fans about the need to get there early to get a wristband? Yes. Should anyone have expected that every autograph-seeker would be accommodated in two 45-minute windows? No. Is grumbling about this the best possible response to an organization that did so many things well in the celebration (like bringing in dozens of players, from big names to lesser lights), and has put a 13-2 team on the field? No.
    Including additional information in the details provided, creating a system (ex. no individual photos, one item per person), having actual knowledgeable staff present is not micromanaging. It's really the minimum. This would never happen with Leafs or Raptors. Raptors make it very clear it is a wrist banded event and bands are distributed at a certain time.

Being 13-2 should not be an excuse for something they have overlooked or did not plan properly. No one is blaming football ops. This is the 150th after all. And this isn't the first time something was poorly communicated with the fans

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Including additional information in the details provided, creating a system (ex. no individual photos, one item per person), having actual knowledgeable staff present is not micromanaging. It's really the minimum. This would never happen with Leafs or Raptors. Raptors make it very clear it is a wrist banded event and bands are distributed at a certain time.

Being 13-2 should not be an excuse for something they have overlooked or did not plan properly. No one is blaming football ops. This is the 150th after all. And this isn't the first time something was poorly communicated with the fans
    This organization is not perfect. But as far as celebrations go, this one was done a lot bigger and better than any other one I've seen. They spent a lot of money and effort bringing in a lot of people for this, and they honoured them suitably and appropriately before and during the game. Imposing rules as you suggest would not have guaranteed everyone who wanted an autograph got one, and probably would have resulted in just as much, if not more, criticism. I have no idea what Raptors events you are talking about, but I bet there has never been a Raptors event with six legendary players signing autographs, and dozens more former players also available to interact directly with.

Achievements:
    Level
    This organization is not perfect. But as far as celebrations go, this one was done a lot bigger and better than any other one I've seen. They spent a lot of money and effort bringing in a lot of people for this, and they honoured them suitably and appropriately before and during the game. Imposing rules as you suggest would not have guaranteed everyone who wanted an autograph got one, and probably would have resulted in just as much, if not more, criticism. I have no idea what Raptors events you are talking about, but I bet there has never been a Raptors event with six legendary players signing autographs, and dozens more former players also available to interact directly with.
    Raptors hold or at least used to hold (I stopped following) public signings with current and past players. Two players at a time. And they make it clear what the rules are. Of course its a crapshoot but at least they have it written down and can point to it when asked. The effort some fans put in to come to a tailgate at not an easy time on a work day and to to only find out there was some details not included is not fair to them. It's just such a typical Argos SNAFU. The wristbands didn't even guarantee you one last night...