Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
It may make more sense to have one game on the Friday night and the other on Saturday afternoon come playoff time. I question going head-to-head with Hockey Night in Canada in primetime on Saturday nights as they will be doing this year.

Back in 2004, when the Argos played that Friday night playoff home game, playoff games were typically played on Sundays with the early game being at 3:30 pm EST and the late game at 7 pm EST. I know that there were concerns about attendance but 2004 set a playoff record for attendance and TV ratings tended to be very good back in those days too - all be it on CBC, with a much larger reach than cable.
I agree with you Ravi about going head to head with HNIC. They should do 12:30 and 3:45 start times for the playoffs on Satureday and be done by the time Hockey is ready to go at 7:15. This is also my argument against those that want to start the season in May. Going head to head with NHL playoffs (whether Canadian teams are still alive or not) would be nuts.