Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Argo Fan
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Shout-out to all of us who were at BMO last night. For a n-meaning game, against a last-place team, and going head-to-head with the Leafs, I was pleased with the 13K+ turnout. We were loud and we were proud. Way to go Argos, and way to go fans of the Double Blue.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Scianetti had a “Sideline Interview “ with Muamba last night. Didn’t ask about how he got hurt or rehab etc. Just Softball questions.
    Yeah, I was disappointed in that. I felt like I had to read between the lines with that interview and my sense is that we have seen Muamba on the field for the last time.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Definitely, however I was talking current QB’s. To take it further, I don’t think there is another QB that could do it at any consistent basis. Kelly makes it look easy.
    That TD pass was spectacular, but I think he was more consistent with the long ball earlier this year than he is now. Not complaining, obviously, just an observation.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    That TD pass was spectacular, but I think he was more consistent with the long ball earlier this year than he is now. Not complaining, obviously, just an observation.
    I agree, Rich. He hadn't seemed like himself in recent games, but this one showed real signs his mojo is coming back. Some more reps in these next two games should get him back to 100%.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I wonder if in fact the NFL would ever be or is/was seriously interested in him. He’s better than some NFL QBs right now. And if a team was, would the Argos grant him that opportunity. When re-signing was there ever a verbal agreement to ever grant him his release.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I agree, Rich. He hadn't seemed like himself in recent games, but this one showed real signs his mojo is coming back. Some more reps in these next two games should get him back to 100%.
    I'm all for giving Kelly more reps, but I am not worried about his performance as of late. Even when he hasn't been himself, he still makes those big late game plays. I believe he is one of those players that performs better when there is more on the line. We will see Kelly at his best when the East Final starts.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argogabe22 View Post
    i wonder if in fact the nfl would ever be or is/was seriously interested in him. He’s better than some nfl qbs right now. And if a team was, would the argos grant him that opportunity. When re-signing was there ever a verbal agreement to ever grant him his release.
    shhhhh!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I wonder if in fact the NFL would ever be or is/was seriously interested in him. He’s better than some NFL QBs right now. And if a team was, would the Argos grant him that opportunity. When re-signing was there ever a verbal agreement to ever grant him his release.
    Like any other CFL player, he is able to take advantage of the window in the winter months to sign in the NFL. However, the Nathan Rourke situation should be the cautionary tale for QBs like Kelly. The NFL doesn't really value what a QB does in the CFL that much. Further, NFL teams, like the Jaguars, want a #2 QB who can be a sounding board to the starting QB and won't be a QB who the fans are constantly calling for to replace the starter. Chad Kelly simply wouldn't fit that bill as he wants to play. He is also going to be 30 years-old soon which is too old to be a #3/practice roster guy like Rourke. Kelly can make more guaranteed money in Toronto than he can going the Nathan Rourke route.

I agree that Kelly is better than many NFL QBs, but there is a lot of politics down there and, given the reasons mentioned above, I see little chance that he won't be fulfilling his new contract in Toronto.

As an aside, it's hard not to notice that scoring seems quite low in the NFL so far this season.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Argos would definitely give him the opportunity; in fact, I believe they'd be obligated to do so under the NFL window set out in the agreement with the CFLPA. Toronto was very smart in how it negotiated his contract extension -- he is due a big signing bonus early in the new year, but only if he's still an Argonaut after the window closes. So if given an NFL opportunity, he would have to weigh what's being offered down there with what he'd be leaving on the table here.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Boatman
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I have also noticed that Kelly hasn't looked as good or accurate late in the season as he did earlier. Apparently Dinwiddie was thinking the same thing, because in the interviews before the game against Ottawa, they said that Dinwiddie had thought that his offence wasn't looking as sharp as it should, so it was one of the reasons he was going to have Kelly play for at least part of the remaining games. I think it's the right move as I think reps will not only increase Kelly's confidence, but also help the whole offence to be alittle sharper as they progress to the playoffs etc.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Like any other CFL player, he is able to take advantage of the window in the winter months to sign in the NFL. However, the Nathan Rourke situation should be the cautionary tale for QBs like Kelly. The NFL doesn't really value what a QB does in the CFL that much. Further, NFL teams, like the Jaguars, want a #2 QB who can be a sounding board to the starting QB and won't be a QB who the fans are constantly calling for to replace the starter. Chad Kelly simply wouldn't fit that bill as he wants to play. He is also going to be 30 years-old soon which is too old to be a #3/practice roster guy like Rourke. Kelly can make more guaranteed money in Toronto than he can going the Nathan Rourke route.

I agree that Kelly is better than many NFL QBs, but there is a lot of politics down there and, given the reasons mentioned above, I see little chance that he won't be fulfilling his new contract in Toronto.

As an aside, it's hard not to notice that scoring seems quite low in the NFL so far this season.
    I agree with all of this, and would only add that his slightly diminished play of late makes any NFL interest that much less likely.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueGuy View Post
    Shout-out to all of us who were at BMO last night. For a n-meaning game, against a last-place team, and going head-to-head with the Leafs, I was pleased with the 13K+ turnout. We were loud and we were proud. Way to go Argos, and way to go fans of the Double Blue.
    Agree with this 100%. I was pleasantly surprised at the turnout, given all the circumstances you mention. I think the fact the Argos were honouring our vets may have something to do with it.

And the crowd was very lively. Contrast this to the comments already coming out regarding Leafs home games and how dead the atmosphere can be.