Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
You misunderstood what I was trying to say. This year the Argos blew it just like the Leafs have done so often in the last half century against a team that is nowhere near its talent level. This was not a comparison of the histories of the two teams in the last half century plus. Furthermore, I'll be back next year, regardless of this year's disappointing end. Hell, I was a fan since 1959, sticking it out through the 1953-1982 Grey Cup famine. It is the opportunity to increase the fan base that most disappointed me when a crowd almost double the season average showed and the Argos had a clunker that is not likely to convert many new fans.
Yeah I know what you mean and agree that it's a missed opportunity to really build the fanbase. It's a shame that the Argos who have had competitive teams for years have not managed to get more fans coming out, especially since they moved to BMO.

The Leafs on the other hand are pathetic, no matter how poorly they play, fans flock to the game in seats that are massively over-priced. And they have been in a number of playoff series over the past few years where they haven't even looked like they care if they win. Saw on the news the other day that the Leafs are listed as the most valuable franchise in The NHL (something like 2.65 Billion) and despite their sorry record MLSE still pours millions into them and the fans turn out every year. It's baffling to say the least!