Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    After being limited yesterday, Priester did not practise today. That opens the door for Daniel to dress. If I had to bet, he will suit up, won't be in the starting five defensive backs but will see a fair bit of action in nickel packages. Dressing either Priester or Daniel means one of the INT d-linemen won't dress, presumably either Costigan or Barlow. I'd want three DTs dressed, including Brinkman, since Mtl is a run-heavy team.

Also, Adeboboye is definitely out. Harris will take his spot on offence but someone is going to have to step into his very big shoes on specials.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    After being limited yesterday, Priester did not practise today. That opens the door for Daniel to dress. If I had to bet, he will suit up, won't be in the starting five defensive backs but will see a fair bit of action in nickel packages. Dressing either Priester or Daniel means one of the INT d-linemen won't dress, presumably either Costigan or Barlow. I'd want three DTs dressed, including Brinkman, since Mtl is a run-heavy team.

Also, Adeboboye is definitely out. Harris will take his spot on offence but someone is going to have to step into his very big shoes on specials.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Pickett play much more on special teams again in Adeboboye's absence. I believe that is what happened in Ottawa a couple of weeks ago.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level

With Adeboboye out, Barlow has to dress. They can’t afford to be down 2 really good special team players. I am betting on Brinkman not dressing unless they decide to sit Phillips and start 3 Canadian receivers.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    With Adeboboye out, Barlow has to dress. They can’t afford to be down 2 really good special team players. I am betting on Brinkman not dressing unless they decide to sit Phillips and start 3 Canadian receivers.
    Very salient point. I'd be more inclined to sit Phillips than Brinkman, personally. Sindani can back up the three NAT receivers, and we could see some looks with two backs at once.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Boatman
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Looking forward to the game on Saturday, plus the weather looks like it will be good - cool (6C) but sunny - so perfect football conditions!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Very salient point. I'd be more inclined to sit Phillips than Brinkman, personally. Sindani can back up the three NAT receivers, and we could see some looks with two backs at once.
    I personally would be hesitant to play Brinkman at the expense of Phillips, who we shouldn't forget was a very productive receiver before his injury. Brinkman is considered the consummate run-stopper though, so it is a very difficult decision.

I also have noticed that Pier-Olivier Lestage has not practised for the Alouettes after sitting out the East semi and he is their best offensive lineman.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I personally would be hesitant to play Brinkman at the expense of Phillips, who we shouldn't forget was a very productive receiver before his injury. Brinkman is considered the consummate run-stopper though, so it is a very difficult decision.

I also have noticed that Pier-Olivier Lestage has not practised for the Alouettes after sitting out the East semi and he is their best offensive lineman.
    I'm with you Ravi. Brinkman is good, but Oakman, Hendrix and Knight is a good enough rotation. Kelly and Phillips have a real connection on offence, and he was their leading receiver before his injury. Maybe it's Costigan that sits. In any event, a tough decision for RD

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Priester is now officially out, as are Adeboboye, Carnell, Gittens, Johnson, Kwamou and Muamba. (Presumably also Amos altho he's not listed on the reports this week.)

Bladek and Daniel both went full again today. I think we will see both guys in the lineup on Saturday, albeit not as starters.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Priester is now officially out, as are Adeboboye, Carnell, Gittens, Johnson, Kwamou and Muamba. (Presumably also Amos altho he's not listed on the reports this week.)

Bladek and Daniel both went full again today. I think we will see both guys in the lineup on Saturday, albeit not as starters.
    I believe if Phillips is in, he will be starting. Unlike Bladek, he was at least able to play in the season finale.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I believe if Phillips is in, he will be starting. Unlike Bladek, he was at least able to play in the season finale.
    And since Bladek hasn't played at all this season, not sure he would dress - unless they see him as a significant upgrade over MacKellar & Giffen - who have been playing in this offence - as a depth O-line guy.

I'd like to see the full 8 D-linemen in the usual strong rotation: Oakman, Brinkman, Hendrix & Knight at DT. If they had to sit one of the DEs (and i hope not), I guess it would be Costigan or Barlow, and Marion - very good on STs - can play D-line if need be.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Huh. This Argos team was so good this season, I almost forgot what it was like to feel nervous before a game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    And since Bladek hasn't played at all this season, not sure he would dress - unless they see him as a significant upgrade over MacKellar & Giffen - who have been playing in this offence - as a depth O-line guy.

I'd like to see the full 8 D-linemen in the usual strong rotation: Oakman, Brinkman, Hendrix & Knight at DT. If they had to sit one of the DEs (and i hope not), I guess it would be Costigan or Barlow, and Marion - very good on STs - can play D-line if need be.
    Bladek is Definitely an upgrade on MacKellar at this stage. Giffen has been excellent every time he’s played. It’s too bad someone has to sit. As you say, Barlow and Marion are great STers, but also good at DE.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    MacKellar and Giffen have seen very little action on offence, other than when Nicastro and Ciraco were rested for a game. IMO a 100% healthy Bladek is an upgrade over either as an emergency backup guy.

Marion will play for sure. The question in my mind is which INT sits among Daniel, Costigan, Barlow and Phillips. I haven't done the math for a week or so, but I'm pretty sure there is no scenario in which all four guys suit up. We'll know in about 18 hours.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    MacKellar and Giffen have seen very little action on offence, other than when Nicastro and Ciraco were rested for a game. IMO a 100% healthy Bladek is an upgrade over either as an emergency backup guy.

Marion will play for sure. The question in my mind is which INT sits among Daniel, Costigan, Barlow and Phillips. I haven't done the math for a week or so, but I'm pretty sure there is no scenario in which all four guys suit up. We'll know in about 18 hours.
    Giffen started a few games earlier in the season, as I recall, and played well before going down with an injury himself. If Bladek dresses, I would guess that he will replace McKellar but I am not convinced that Bladek will be dressing.

Costigan may be the odd man out. I can't see Daniel or Phillips not dressing and playing.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Als are going to be without top O-Lineman Lestage, and top ST gunner Zak Lindley; and Canadian receiver K. Julien-Grant has been out awhile now and not going to play - could have added some big-play ability to their passing game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Als are going to be without top O-Lineman Lestage, and top ST gunner Zak Lindley; and Canadian receiver K. Julien-Grant has been out awhile now and not going to play - could have added some big-play ability to their passing game.
    Julien-Grant is so dangerous. Can take a short pass and turn it into a big gain. Spieker and Snead have filled in quite well in his absence though, and Philpot is also so dangerous.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Why is Dionte Knight not dressing ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I really hope no starter in the secondary goes down. Not comfortable with Harry going in. I would feel more comfortable with Knight replacing Brinkman or Sindani replacing Phillips TBH to get Daniel into the line up.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I really hope no starter in the secondary goes down. Not comfortable with Harry going in. I would feel more comfortable with Knight replacing Brinkman or Sindani replacing Phillips TBH to get Daniel into the line up.
    The Als have one back-up DB listed and it's a raw rookie American guy; nobody with any experience at all behind DeQuoy at safety. And 2 of their back-up D-linemen dressing (Gowanlock & Desjardins) never see the field on D in Maas & Thorpe's 7 only need apply system = could be a long day for the Als' D-line with old guys like Sewell & Lemon playing every down.

And I guess the Argos' staff feels Knight was replaceable by another LB in Harleimana (CFL experience and can play) to play STs with a key ST guy like Adeboboye out? Much rather have seen Knight in over Edouard, who might struggle if he was forced to play D (and Harry could play any spot there before him), and who doesn't seem to add too much on STs ?

Be interesting to see if the Argos stick with the main 5 pack for receiver playing time; cause IMO Nield should be in there plenty. I didn't expect Bladek to all of a sudden get a back-up O-line spot with zero playing time on the offence this season - Giffen & MacKellar are fine there IMO.