Quote Originally Posted by kellynjk View Post
So is the situation with Rourke that he is now part of the Jacksonville Jaguars as the third string quarterback? I guess there is a chance that he might get some playing time this season. But I have to wonder how long would a player of his calibre be wiling to sit on the sidelines, even if it is with an NFL team. As others have noted, a competitive player wants to play no matter what and I think Rourke is that type of player. So I can see him giving it a couple of seasons, but if he doesn't get a real chance to play, he may consider returning to the CFL where he would be star!

And Kelly, don't discount that he likes the Argo management and the team. He himself has also mentioned that he has fallen in love with a local Canadian girl, so he seems to be settled and happy here - so that does count for something!!
The Rourke situation reminds me a little of Ricky Ray's. Ray went to the NFL in 2004 and spent that year on the New York Jets' PR. He then considered that he wouldn't see playing time or a rise in the ranks anytime soon and so he asked for his release to return to the CFL. I can see the same thing happening with Rourke - and I have to believe that it's killing him not being able to play in BC this season - although I can see Rourke giving it another year before he comes back north, assuming that he doesn't have a big breakthrough.