Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
You are all dreaming in technicolour if you think any QB would prefer to be a starter in the CFL over #2 on an NFL team. You need not look further than Ro Johnson or Scott Mitchell as QB's that got a meanigless start late in the season as back ups, had great games and parlayed that into starting jobs and big contracts the next season with different teams. If the Jags are in position to have a meaningless game late in the season and Rourke even gets a quarter of play and performs well, someone will give him a contract worth more than any CFL team would be able to pay him.

As much as we believe these guys just want to play, business and taking care of their families comes first.
To your point, a recent example where that was not true is Bo Levi Mitchell. IIRC, he tried out with a number of NFL teams and chose to return to CFL instead of taking an NFL offer with no assurances, although the exact details escape me.

As far as Kelly goes, I guess we find out one way or another during the next transfer window... because if I understood correctly, he gets a six figure bonus with the Argos, but only if he hasn't signed eleswhere.