Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    You are all dreaming in technicolour if you think any QB would prefer to be a starter in the CFL over #2 on an NFL team. You need not look further than Ro Johnson or Scott Mitchell as QB's that got a meanigless start late in the season as back ups, had great games and parlayed that into starting jobs and big contracts the next season with different teams. If the Jags are in position to have a meaningless game late in the season and Rourke even gets a quarter of play and performs well, someone will give him a contract worth more than any CFL team would be able to pay him.

As much as we believe these guys just want to play, business and taking care of their families comes first.
    To your point, a recent example where that was not true is Bo Levi Mitchell. IIRC, he tried out with a number of NFL teams and chose to return to CFL instead of taking an NFL offer with no assurances, although the exact details escape me.

As far as Kelly goes, I guess we find out one way or another during the next transfer window... because if I understood correctly, he gets a six figure bonus with the Argos, but only if he hasn't signed eleswhere.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RB957 View Post
    To your point, a recent example where that was not true is Bo Levi Mitchell. IIRC, he tried out with a number of NFL teams and chose to return to CFL instead of taking an NFL offer with no assurances, although the exact details escape me.

As far as Kelly goes, I guess we find out one way or another during the next transfer window... because if I understood correctly, he gets a six figure bonus with the Argos, but only if he hasn't signed eleswhere.
    That's correct. As Dave Naylor has pointed out, Kelly simply doesn't fit the NFL mould for either a #2 or #3 QB at this point.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    That's correct. As Dave Naylor has pointed out, Kelly simply doesn't fit the NFL mould for either a #2 or #3 QB at this point.
    This is it. Backups no longer fight for the #1 job. Kelly has publicly said he’s better than half of the starters before the season. I don’t think NFL teams want that kind of backup unless it’s open competition and the team he signs for has no penciled in starter but how many teams is that? In a hypothetical Bills situation, I doubt they would want a guy who thinks he’s better than Allen.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    In a hypothetical Bills situation, I doubt they would want a guy who thinks he’s better than Allen.
    But if Allen continues to suck for the rest of the season, what do you do next year if you’re the Bills?

I think the Bills are the only team Kelly would consider leaving for, so if Allen turns his game around as he likely will, then there will be no possible opening for Kelly anyway.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    But if Allen continues to suck for the rest of the season, what do you do next year if you’re the Bills?

I think the Bills are the only team Kelly would consider leaving for, so if Allen turns his game around as he likely will, then there will be no possible opening for Kelly anyway.
    Kelly isn't going to the Bills, and Allen hasn't sucked. The Bills are losing because they have a defence that lost 3 key starters and can't make any stops when it matters. Allen's only bad game was week 1 against the Jets, but that D of the Jets has made a lot of QB's have bad games this season, including Mahommes.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RB957 View Post

According to him. The writing may have been on the wall that he would be hard pressed to make a team and decided against it.
    It's us vs the rest of the country