Quote Originally Posted by Blue90 View Post
Agree. It's the first time he started in a big game and he failed miserably. Incredibly bad and I'm a huge Chad Kelly supporter.
This is why I think Kelly should have started in the away game at Winnipeg. I was in the minority in that view at that time, but the game meant a lot to the Bombers, and it would have given him experience playing in a hostile environment under pressure.

I said it in another thread, and will repeat it here.... every great player in every sport has had a truly bad game. That's life. It happens, and it was bound to happen to Kelly at some point It sucks that it happened yesterday, but what if they had found a way to win, and he laid an egg in the Grey Cup? For me, what is important is what happens next. I think we can all agree to put the idea of Kelly going anywhere to bed. He will get his nice bonus in January, and I hope yesterday lights a fire under him to want to come back next year and atone for this performance. Remember, despite his age, this was only his first full year as a starter at the pro level. If he has the right attitude, and I believe he does, it will be all up from here.