Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
Would OT Joel Figeroua who was limited by injuries count?
Hard to say if he was overpayed when we don't know his salary.

And I guess Duke Williams was a bust. I think he was 5th highest paid WR in the league this year or something like that.

You have to come at it from the Ticats perspective though. They were 8-10 last year and had some glaring holes on the team. They were in full-on "Win Grey Cup at home" mode. They needed to fill in those gaps, and quickly. No, it did not work out, but can you blame them? I'm hoping now the Cats can just focus on a 2(ish) year rebuild (doesn't take long in the CFL). Rely on scouting and drafting. Keep impactful guys on the roster like Sayles, White, McAllister, Katstantonis, etc.

The Argos on the other hand, were coming off a Grey Cup win, and needed some more subtle (but impactful) changes. They didn't need to go out and get the big FA signing. They were set, for the most part. The Argos, like last year, probably don't need to do much to their roster, but of course at lot will depend on free agency. Sounds like it's a good culture there, so a lot of players may prefer to stay. You have a great team, I'm jealous!