Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Conrats to the Als. I am happy they won this game. Their media and former media members like Bob Irving, Doug Brown and Derek Taylor who has become so annoying since becoming the radio PBP guy really have me hating that team. Plus, their fans on social media take more shots at Argos fans than anyone else. F them!!

Also, so happy for Cody Fajardo. Good guy, and always happy for a good guy that the Argos brought into the league

Finally, on the last play of the game, I love O'Shea, but that catch and punt was so O'Shea. He's in love with that play. I've seen him try that a few times now, and when he was STC of the Argos, I would see him try plays like that in practice. I get that it is unique to Canadian football, but when you are down by 4 and over mid field, anything other than a hail Mary, is a bad decision. He may have well just taken a knee.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Quite surprised Montreal’s Oline played this well protecting Fajardo. After how the Argos D owned them 8 days ago, I expected Jeffcoat and Jefferson to dominate the likes of McGloster at OT.
    Bombers were still very good this year, but with the exception of the Banjo Bowl, really didn't look as impressive as they have over the last few years. They will have some big time personnel decisions to make this off season across both lines.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Speaking of CFL dynasties, Winnipeg is now the first city to lose to every other CFL City in the Grey Cup.

1925 Ottawa Senators 24, Winnipeg Tammany Tigers 1
    1937 Toronto 4, Winnipeg 3
    1943 Hamilton Flying Wildcats 23, Winnipeg RCAF Bombers 14
    1992 Calgary 24, Winnipeg 10
    1993 Edmonton 33, Winnipeg 23
    2007 Saskatchewan 23, Winnipeg 19
    2011 BC 34, Winnipeg 23
    2023 Montreal 28, Winnipeg 24
    Faster + Louder = Better

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    [QUOTE=AngeloV;171746]Conrats to the Als. I am happy they won this game. Their media and former media members like Bob Irving, Doug Brown and Derek Taylor who has become so annoying since becoming the radio PBP guy really have me hating that team. Plus, their fans on social media take more shots at Argos fans than anyone else. F them!!

Also, so happy for Cody Fajardo. Good guy, and always happy for a good guy that the Argos brought into the league

Agreed on that last play punt attempt; a hail-mary has way more hope (see the BC play-off game TD by McInnis); if Collaros doesn't have the arm strength, maybe one of the back-up QBs do to heave it into the end zone.

And Maas didn't try his dribble kick for a one yard gain 1st down - I was hoping he would to see it blow-up in his face. Maybe he will learn a lesson - like all the clique of same old CFL offensive thinkers now should - about going with that same old QB one yard sneak right into the middle of the D-line in a key situation; there are other things that can be tried there genisues; like a toss off-tackle to a 225 + running back.

This Als team was deserving of the GC win, but they are a very average or ordinary team IMO; if not for Kelly melting down, this Argo team would beat the Als by 20 some points 9 out of 10 games IMO; Fajrado did play a great game and Mack & Philpot are very good receivers; also nice to see a RB explode for a 30+ yard TD run in a big game. The Als offence did nothing of the sort in the East Final vs. the Argos D thou

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Conrats to the Als. I am happy they won this game. Their media and former media members like Bob Irving, Doug Brown and Derek Taylor who has become so annoying since becoming the radio PBP guy really have me hating that team. Plus, their fans on social media take more shots at Argos fans than anyone else. F them!!

Finally, on the last play of the game, I love O'Shea, but that catch and punt was so O'Shea. He's in love with that play. I've seen him try that a few times now, and when he was STC of the Argos, I would see him try plays like that in practice. I get that it is unique to Canadian football, but when you are down by 4 and over mid field, anything other than a hail Mary, is a bad decision. He may have well just taken a knee.
    There's no high percentage play there but I agree that a Hail Mary is a higher percentage play than what O'Shea tried.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    There's no high percentage play there but I agree that a Hail Mary is a higher percentage play than what O'Shea tried.
    It's a terrible play, not other way to put it. There is no way to win a race to the ball if the player that has to recover is 45 yards from the end zone, and the other team already has 4 guys on the goal line. It almost reminds me of a time a few years back when in a tie game, O'Shea had his player receive a kickoff and do the same thing. Had his team committed a no yards penalty then, the other team would have had a chance to kick a FG for the win. Like I said, he's in love with the punt from the field of play.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post

Agreed on that last play punt attempt; a hail-mary has way more hope (see the BC play-off game TD by McInnis); if Collaros doesn't have the arm strength, maybe one of the back-up QBs do to heave it into the end zone.

And Maas didn't try his dribble kick for a one yard gain 1st down - I was hoping he would to see it blow-up in his face. Maybe he will learn a lesson - like all the clique of same old CFL offensive thinkers now should - about going with that same old QB one yard sneak right into the middle of the D-line in a key situation; there are other things that can be tried there genisues; like a toss off-tackle to a 225 + running back.

This Als team was deserving of the GC win, but they are a very average or ordinary team IMO; if not for Kelly melting down, this Argo team would beat the Als by 20 some points 9 out of 10 games IMO; Fajrado did play a great game and Mack & Philpot are very good receivers; also nice to see a RB explode for a 30+ yard TD run in a big game. The Als offence did nothing of the sort in the East Final vs. the Argos D thou
    I'm a little surprised that you make fun of Maas still. He uses a FB more than any other team in the league, andgosome great down field blocks on the WR screen from Tuck. The jov he did this season proves that he is a hell of a good coach, and the Riders were idiots for holding on to Dickenson, going aftger Harris, and letting Maas and Fajardo get away.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I'm a little surprised that you make fun of Maas still. He uses a FB more than any other team in the league, andgosome great down field blocks on the WR screen from Tuck. The jov he did this season proves that he is a hell of a good coach, and the Riders were idiots for holding on to Dickenson, going aftger Harris, and letting Maas and Fajardo get away.
    It was apparent from early in the season just how well-coached this Montreal team was. The biggest complaint about Maas in the past seemed to be about his sideline demeanour but he seemed to take great effort to improve that this year and I would say that he succeeded.

I still don't know how Jeremy O'Day can make so many bad decisions, go 6-12 in consecutive seasons, including something like 0-14 down the stretch, and get a new 3-year contract.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I think Maas is a classic example of a coach that has improved over time by learning from his previous mistakes.
    Much more calm and mature on the sidelines, good for him!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Boatman
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    I thoroughly enjoyed this Grey Cup even though I was gutted that the Argos were not in it. This was one of the better Cups that I have seen in my lifetime as the game had many changes in momentum, which IMO is one hallmark of great games, not to mention some great plays. After his performance this season, you wonder if Kabion Ento is going to try the NFL again. He may be the most underrated DB in the league as he wasn't even named an all-star this season.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Got to rub at some Rider fans that Cody is a Grey Cup champion QB and that Maas is a Grey Cup champion coach. Ravi alludes to this as well.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Not sure that was really make fun of him, but whatever.

Maas, Maciocia and the entire Als org. deserve lots of credit of course. Fajardo pulled thru in the biggest game with an outstanding performance, but it was mostly their D that won it for them (Thorpe as DC) - a lot of people made it sound like the additions of vets Lemon & Sankey were key, but IMO some younger guy finds - like Ento and Stubblefield were more important impact D guys, plus DeQuoy is a stud D player. As far as Maas and his offence, they were solid but nothing special (Argos out-gained them in yardage in the play-offs and so did the Bummers i believe yesterday); true he used Tuck and H-back (and Cibasu tight end release play netted 2 big gainers this year) more than other teams, but it was still pretty standard CFL offence and Mack was a key find. The same old QB sneak play that got stuffed twice at the goal-line in the GC might have burnt them; Stanback produced one big run but otherwise they did not have much ground game faith and did not turn to explosive RB Antwi to see what he could add in the biggest game (till late to replace the nicked Stanback). And still shaking my head at the decision to kick-off the ball to the dangerous Grant after they had scored the go-ahead TD and with 10 seconds or so left- WTF risk that ?

The stars aligned for Maas and crew this season - mostly thanks to a complete Argos/Kelly melt-down in the East final. But like you noted earlier - this is good for Montreal football and the entire league too IMO (sick of the "dynasty" Bummers talk)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime31 View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed this Grey Cup even though I was gutted that the Argos were not in it. This was one of the better Cups that I have seen in my lifetime as the game had many changes in momentum, which IMO is one hallmark of great games, not to mention some great plays. After his performance this season, you wonder if Kabion Ento is going to try the NFL again. He may be the most underrated DB in the league as he wasn't even named an all-star this season.
    Ento is an interesting one. Ungerer beat him for the winning TD earlier in the season and I am pretty sure that Ento was benched at one point midway through the season. He definitely rebounded though and had a strong post-season.