Reply to Thread
    Boatman
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level

League should support a return of TSN 1150 in Hamilton

we are not going to get any air time on TSN 1050 or Sportsnet 590. We did receive air time on TSN 1150 in Hamilton a few years ago. There was lot of CFL talk Argos and Ticat's. There's the opportunity

This team and Hamilton are desperate for talk radio so I suggest bringing it back with league support in Hamilton. I want to hear CFL talk on the way to work and on the way home. I don't want them to mention what candy bar the Leaf players like.

Now, TSN 1150 wasn't doing too bad, so with league help we can hear CFL discussions again. There are lots of CFL pod casts by guys we know so getting them on the air would be a help in this area for this team and League. What do you think? Need more exposure in this market and we get NONE.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofan_1000 View Post
    Now, TSN 1150 wasn't doing too bad
    really?

why do you suppose it went off the air if it was doing so well?

Instead, I'd love to see the league and/or Argos emulate what the Ticats are doing with their own Ticats Audio Network. Forget radio stations that you can't control. Build your own audio network. Run your own pregame and postgame shows, offer them to radio stations if they want, but stream them over the internet yourself so you don't need to worry about being preempted by something else.
    Faster + Louder = Better

Boatman
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shayman View Post
    really?

why do you suppose it went off the air if it was doing so well?

Instead, I'd love to see the league and/or Argos emulate what the Ticats are doing with their own Ticats Audio Network. Forget radio stations that you can't control. Build your own audio network. Run your own pregame and postgame shows, offer them to radio stations if they want, but stream them over the internet yourself so you don't need to worry about being preempted by something else.
    Bell is cancelling its all-sports format on radio stations in Vancouver, Winnipeg and Hamilton, barely a week after announcing hundreds of job cuts at media properties across Canada. TSN 1040 AM in Vancouver, TSN 1290 AM in Winnipeg and TSN 1150 AM in Hamilton will no longer be all-sports stations, Bell announced on Tuesday

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shayman View Post

Instead, I'd love to see the league and/or Argos emulate what the Ticats are doing with their own Ticats Audio Network.
    Bingo with a capital B.

What the Ti-Cats have done with that audio network is fantastic, I regularly watch on YouTube CFL this week, and the Coach O show. Fantuz and Daly have a really good one too.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Man, I would love nothing more then a return of TSN 1150. I love my sports radio on my drive to work in the morning. The only options are 590 or 1050. Both just love talking about the Leafs ad nauseum. NFL, Raptors or Jays get second billing depending on the time of year. But no CFL/Argo talk. And when there is, it's very condescending.

"Well, when you look at the major league teams in Toronto - the Jays, Leafs, Raptors, TFC..."
    "Oh, don't forget about the Argos!"
    "Oh of course the Argos *snicker snicker*"

If it's not condescending, it's 5 minutes and limited in analysis.

"Did you catch the Argo game on the weekend"
    "Yeah, that was a tough loss"
    "Kudos to (other team), though"
    "Absolutely, a well-deserved win by (other team)"
    "A great day for football, too. And a decent crowd"
    "Yeah hopefully they can keep up the momentum until the leaves fall"
    "Speaking of Leafs, we'll have Matthew Knies's brother-in-law on in 5 minutes to discuss what colour socks Matthew likes to wear on weekends. The answer may surprise you!"

It's disgusting. I'm not an Argo fan, but I appreciate any CFL talk I can get.

Not gonna lie, I was not disappointed that the Argos lost on Saturday and will not be playing in the Grey Cup next week in Hamilton's stadium. And I'm a guy who actually cheered for the Argos in last year's game as well as in 2017. So I'm not opposed to cheering Argos. But I draw the line at our rivals hoisting the Cup on our field. I'm sure most of you understand.

However, a portion of me was disappointed that all of those folks who came out to their first Argo game in years on Saturday went home disappointed and may not come back.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHammer View Post
    Man, I would love nothing more then a return of TSN 1150. I love my sports radio on my drive to work in the morning. The only options are 590 or 1050. Both just love talking about the Leafs ad nauseum. NFL, Raptors or Jays get second billing depending on the time of year. But no CFL/Argo talk. And when there is, it's very condescending.

"Well, when you look at the major league teams in Toronto - the Jays, Leafs, Raptors, TFC..."
    "Oh, don't forget about the Argos!"
    "Oh of course the Argos *snicker snicker*"

If it's not condescending, it's 5 minutes and limited in analysis.

"Did you catch the Argo game on the weekend"
    "Yeah, that was a tough loss"
    "Kudos to (other team), though"
    "Absolutely, a well-deserved win by (other team)"
    "A great day for football, too. And a decent crowd"
    "Yeah hopefully they can keep up the momentum until the leaves fall"
    "Speaking of Leafs, we'll have Matthew Knies's brother-in-law on in 5 minutes to discuss what colour socks Matthew likes to wear on weekends. The answer may surprise you!"

It's disgusting. I'm not an Argo fan, but I appreciate any CFL talk I can get.

Not gonna lie, I was not disappointed that the Argos lost on Saturday and will not be playing in the Grey Cup next week in Hamilton's stadium. And I'm a guy who actually cheered for the Argos in last year's game as well as in 2017. So I'm not opposed to cheering Argos. But I draw the line at our rivals hoisting the Cup on our field. I'm sure most of you understand.

However, a portion of me was disappointed that all of those folks who came out to their first Argo game in years on Saturday went home disappointed and may not come back.
    I enjoyed listening to Marsh and Melo in the morning, always talking CFL football which is missed for sure.
    Many disappointing aspects of Saturdays game but none more than playing so poorly on O in front of a packed house especially considering their high level of play all season.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions