Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
Guys, Gittens is not an issue, at least not yet. He's a top-notch receiver who is under contract. Will the team cut him or demand a salary reduction? Maybe, maybe not. But until either of those things happens, I'm not going to stress about him, and I'm thrilled he is still an Argo.

The issue we *should* be worried about, IMO, is losing Brissett. He has developed into an extremely capable receiver who seems to have chemistry with Kelly -- AND he's heading into free agency. Signing Nield was a must, IMO, because if Brissett doesn't re-sign before February, I expect he will be showered with riches by some other team.
Were you not also concerned about losing Dylan Giffen to free agency?

Guys like him and Brissett might have been valued by some other CFL teams as "depth" pieces or maybe potential starters, but very doubtful IMO there would be significant interest or good buck$ waiting for them out there.

Love to see the Argos retain all of Gittens, Brissett, Nield (and Daniels and Coxie too), but this offence seems to like spreading the ball around to a bunch of capable receiever talent, rather than loading up to one favored star; losing one or 2 guys - they can be replaced by new recruits (a new FA, or via the draft - and it's possible Jared Wayne might show up)