Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
A bunch of teams have recently announced signings - some new import guys and a bunch of previous draft picks.

These Argo signings provide TC competition, and maybe one or two guys step-up; Onyemenam & Murphy join a crowded Canadian LB group, but maybe some of these guys move on; Vandal & Noll are maybe in tough, and even more possibly if the Argos use a draft pick on that position in what seems like a deep group for this coming draft (like to see them use the top pick on the best safety prospect instead, unless Valente has really impressed).
Two NAT LBs (Hoyte and Cassar) are heading into free agency, and I'll be very surprised if Argos re-sign both. As I wrote in an earlier thread, I have little doubt they will want more playing time on defence. Whether or not anyone is able to offer that, I expect they will be in demand on the market. So these two newbies (as well as Harelimana) should have an opportunity to win a spot.

Noll and Vandal (and Paradis, assuming he signs) will be looking to stick as depth pieces if Ciraco and Giffen both re-sign, but that's a big if. I'd love to get both back, but guys with the pedigree of Ciraco and the potential of Giffen are going to get paid by someone. If one or both leave (along with Richards and Bladek, whose departures IMO are a given), the new guys will move up the depth chart. Noll can snap so he brings a lot of versatility.