Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    This is one where we will probably agree to disagree. Dukes is 6' 1" and 205. He will fill out with time. He started two games and would likely have won both if he had played the entire Winnipeg game (Scott came in, played briefly and looked terrible.) He is mobile, an accurate passer especially on short and medium passes, stays calm even when pressured, makes smart decisions and uses his feet to gain a 1st when necessary. In the two game he started, he played with a fair number of backups and still moved the team well. Will he become a starter?---maybe, maybe not, but don't rule him out. When watching practices I was impressed how he took charge of the offense. It became obvious fairly early that he was going to be the # 2 QB for the team. I still think for a rookie, he played extremely well but I understand your reservations.
    My impression of Dukes is clouded by the fact he backs up a QB who’s built like a LB and has one of the strongest arms in pro football.

Any #2 would suffer by comparison (on the field). To me it’s relative. If Bo-Levi was our starter I’d probably be calling Dukes the next Zach Collaros.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    The once-highly-touted WR prospect JJ Arcega-Whiteside has decided to retire after signing with the Argos in January. Disappointing, but I think it’s another good reason to grab the similarly big-bodied Mardner at #5. The main reason being after losing Gittens I’d wanna keep Canadian WRs a team strength. Obviously Mital works too but he should be gone by then.

I think WR makes more sense at #5 than LB as Marshall Ferguson suggested.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    The once-highly-touted WR prospect JJ Arcega-Whiteside has decided to retire after signing with the Argos in January. Disappointing, but I think it’s another good reason to grab the similarly big-bodied Mardner at #5. The main reason being after losing Gittens I’d wanna keep Canadian WRs a team strength. Obviously Mital works too but he should be gone by then.

No big loss with the retirement of Arcega-Whiteside. Philadelphia was really critisized for using a high draft pick on him and his NFL production (or lack of) proved those right. The team also signed an O lineman named Darta Lee. He has been released so often by XFL 2.0 teams as well as USFL teams ( remember these leagues possess very weak offensive lines) that I doubt he will last long in TC. I give him credit though, he is determined to play pro ball and he must love the game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    No big loss with the retirement of Arcega-Whiteside. Philadelphia was really critisized for using a high draft pick on him and his NFL production (or lack of) proved those right.
    His lack of NFL production proved nothing. Many, many great CFL players had a lack of production in the NFL. This guy was a physical specimen.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

Getting a potential stud and possible soon to be starter at MLB like Dublanko would be nice; but otherwise, the Argos need more Canadian LBs like a hole in the head compared to other position groups (D-line, receiver for example) - yet Ferguson has the Argos taking 2 LBs with their first 2 picks ? Much rather see them go with the best D-lineman - either a DE or DT - available in the first round.

As far as receiver need - both Mital & Mardner may be gone early, but there are a bunch of pretty good receiver prospects that can likely be had in that group of next picks = maybe get another Nield quality receiver in mid rounds, and could even go with 2 picks there.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Getting a potential stud and possible soon to be starter at MLB like Dublanko would be nice; but otherwise, the Argos need more Canadian LBs like a hole in the head compared to other position groups (D-line, receiver for example) - yet Ferguson has the Argos taking 2 LBs with their first 2 picks ? Much rather see them go with the best D-lineman - either a DE or DT - available in the first round.

As far as receiver need - both Mital & Mardner may be gone early, but there are a bunch of pretty good receiver prospects that can likely be had in that group of next picks = maybe get another Nield quality receiver in mid rounds, and could even go with 2 picks there.
    What's interesting about DuBlanko is, and for some reason all media has avoided this, is he actually started his pro career with San Antonio XFL 2.0, was named starting MLB as well as a Team Captain out of TC and after week 1 was released for some sort of mysterious off field issue. He said the release shocked him and I am not saying he did anything wrong, but I find it odd that 3 Down Nation hasn't written anything about it. Having said that, I think he would be a solid pick at 5 to help the LB core with the sudden retirement of Muamba and the trading of Jordan Williams.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    but I find it odd that 3 Down Nation hasn't written anything about it..
    They are waiting to see who drafts him. If the Argos do, then they will start releasing their negative data.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    They are waiting to see who drafts him. If the Argos do, then they will start releasing their negative data.
    Post of the year right there folks! Well put Sir!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    So true Angelo!!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions