Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
This is one where we will probably agree to disagree. Dukes is 6' 1" and 205. He will fill out with time. He started two games and would likely have won both if he had played the entire Winnipeg game (Scott came in, played briefly and looked terrible.) He is mobile, an accurate passer especially on short and medium passes, stays calm even when pressured, makes smart decisions and uses his feet to gain a 1st when necessary. In the two game he started, he played with a fair number of backups and still moved the team well. Will he become a starter?---maybe, maybe not, but don't rule him out. When watching practices I was impressed how he took charge of the offense. It became obvious fairly early that he was going to be the # 2 QB for the team. I still think for a rookie, he played extremely well but I understand your reservations.
My impression of Dukes is clouded by the fact he backs up a QB who’s built like a LB and has one of the strongest arms in pro football.

Any #2 would suffer by comparison (on the field). To me it’s relative. If Bo-Levi was our starter I’d probably be calling Dukes the next Zach Collaros.