Hybrid View

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    What a week. Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here.
    I don't think I thought the bloodletting would be this bad. Alot of talent has left, and free agency has not even begun.
    I have faith the Argo braintrust will do their best with existing and new talent, but we have lost all stars. It is unreasonable to expect them to all be replaced with equivalent results. I hope the number of holes to be filled does not get any worse.
    It is a matter of where that talent goes and how the Argos stack up vs. their division. I still think they are as good or better than any team for now. No longer 16-2 that's for sure.
    Or to put it another way, it is reasonable to question whether the can all be replaced with equivalent results.

A 16 win season is a rarity, and at the end of the day it didn't get us anywhere, not to say that the players we've lost won't hurt, but full panic isn't warranted either.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Or to put it another way, it is reasonable to question whether the can all be replaced with equivalent results.

A 16 win season is a rarity, and at the end of the day it didn't get us anywhere, not to say that the players we've lost won't hurt, but full panic isn't warranted either.
    The Argos had enough depth last year to put two good football teams on the field. Change should have been expected in this salary cap world but it's hardly a reason for some Argos fans to panic.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 477
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post

We all knew going into 2023 that the team would be loaded with extra talent due to Kelly’s rookie contract. We all knew deep down that this day of reckoning would be coming. I’m a little surprised that some fans are taking it so badly.

Pinball said in his interview with Hogie that last year’s team was so good from the get-go that it didn’t leave enough room for improvement, and as we’ve seen so many times, it’s teams on the rise that often cause the most damage in the playoffs. This team was never going to improve with six meaningless games to end the season.

It sounds a little crazy, but having fewer stars may actually give the Argos a better chance to start really gelling and growing as a team by the end of the season. As I said before, based on the players already under contract and barring major injuries, I see no possible way this team is not a Cup contender in 2024.