Closed Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 396
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I am grateful the NFL has always been and will continue to be ignorant of the CFL. It has given all of us the opportunity to see great football players regardless of nationality play a more exciting brand of football here in Canada.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    I am grateful the NFL has always been and will continue to be ignorant of the CFL. It has given all of us the opportunity to see great football players regardless of nationality play a more exciting brand of football here in Canada.
    Yep - I've been saying this for decades. The NFL could make the CFL a de facto sort of feeder or development league if they really wanted to: start heavily scouting CFL play/film/players, and sign way more than they do (now at an all-time low level of interest IMO). But - thankfully - they don't or choose not to; they have tons of their own FAs to choose from plus their heavily hyped draft, to look for new talent. Hope it stays that way.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 488
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    So what’s going on with Cam Phillips? Will any team sign him? Are we gonna extend him at a reduced price? Or do most of us agree we can and should upgrade his spot on the roster?

Others have noted some great possibilities already on the roster. At 6’6 I’d love to see a big guy like Agudosi winning balls in traffic. BJ Byrd is a great YAC guy a la Gittens, he had a great game in Guelph last year. And I thought Rajae Johnson looked good too, another big body, he deserves another shot.

As for the new guys how can you not be intrigued by the prospect of Jeff Badet, the 4.27 guy, catching up to Chad’s beautiful rainbow longballs? And Arcega-Whiteside, another big guy with big-time tools, former 2nd rd NFL pick, and he’s from Stanford so you know he’s smart. If he’s motivated to play he could be something else.

One way or another, that WR spot will surely be upgraded for 2024.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    So what’s going on with Cam Phillips? Will any team sign him? Are we gonna extend him at a reduced price? Or do most of us agree we can and should upgrade his spot on the roster?

Others have noted some great possibilities already on the roster. At 6’6 I’d love to see a big guy like Agudosi winning balls in traffic. BJ Byrd is a great YAC guy a la Gittens, he had a great game in Guelph last year. And I thought Rajae Johnson looked good too, another big body, he deserves another shot.

As for the new guys how can you not be intrigued by the prospect of Jeff Badet, the 4.27 guy, catching up to Chad’s beautiful rainbow longballs? And Arcega-Whiteside, another big guy with big-time tools, former 2nd rd NFL pick, and he’s from Stanford so you know he’s smart. If he’s motivated to play he could be something else.

One way or another, that WR spot will surely be upgraded for 2024.
    I would still like to see Phillips back, as he has done a good job over the past couple of years. Obviously, at this point, he isn't going to receive a huge pay bump.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force