Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
The once-highly-touted WR prospect JJ Arcega-Whiteside has decided to retire after signing with the Argos in January. Disappointing, but I think it’s another good reason to grab the similarly big-bodied Mardner at #5. The main reason being after losing Gittens I’d wanna keep Canadian WRs a team strength. Obviously Mital works too but he should be gone by then.

I think WR makes more sense at #5 than LB as Marshall Ferguson suggested.
Getting a potential stud and possible soon to be starter at MLB like Dublanko would be nice; but otherwise, the Argos need more Canadian LBs like a hole in the head compared to other position groups (D-line, receiver for example) - yet Ferguson has the Argos taking 2 LBs with their first 2 picks ? Much rather see them go with the best D-lineman - either a DE or DT - available in the first round.

As far as receiver need - both Mital & Mardner may be gone early, but there are a bunch of pretty good receiver prospects that can likely be had in that group of next picks = maybe get another Nield quality receiver in mid rounds, and could even go with 2 picks there.