Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    There’s already pretty good depth at RB with McMahon and especially Adeboboye, who’s just about ready for prime time. So I’m wondering if Bowser may be insurance in case we lose Ouellette. I can see some teams taking a run at him.
    I think this is exactly the case here Rich, always prudent to keep the prospective talent pipeline full!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I owe you an apology Angelo, I didn’t read it right. My bad.
    No worries Rich. All the best to you over the holidays.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I think this is exactly the case here Rich, always prudent to keep the prospective talent pipeline full!
    I think the majority of teams are set at RB already. Much like overpaying Receivers, overspending on an American RB rarely works. I think AJ enjoyed running behind the best O Line in the league, not to mention he is on a GC contender.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I think the majority of teams are set at RB already. Much like overpaying Receivers, overspending on an American RB rarely works. I think AJ enjoyed running behind the best O Line in the league, not to mention he is on a GC contender.
    If AJ wants to keep the wrestling going, trust me when I say this, there are way more independent wrestling organizations in Southern Ontario than there are in Saskatchewan. If he can get merchandise for himself produced, he can make some pretty good money on the side here.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    If AJ wants to keep the wrestling going, trust me when I say this, there are way more independent wrestling organizations in Southern Ontario than there are in Saskatchewan. If he can get merchandise for himself produced, he can make some pretty good money on the side here.
    I will never purchase another wrestling t-shirt ever again.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I will never purchase another wrestling t-shirt ever again.
    Not even if I had a retro Hurricane Hugo one made?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Not even if I had a retro Hurricane Hugo one made?
    Correction: I would purchase that. I will never purchase a wrestling t-shirt featuring a tag team ever again.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    He didn’t say anything remotely like this, and I agree it’s pretty insulting for you to suggest he did.

And nowhere in my post did I say those 2 receivers were over-rated; but as usual, some like to put words in other poster's mouths (so i gave him a taste of his own medicine) and get all bent out of shape when they hear an opinion that offends them (in this case, if you don't believe every American player in the league is a great player)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Gittens was just starting to develop chemistry with Chad when he got hurt. He was the top Argo receiver in the LDC and had another good game the next week before he got hurt.

The Argo offence went south after Gittens got hurt and it’s not a total coincidence IMO. Who’s to say that the Gittens-Kelly combo would’nt have caught fire as the season went on?

Gittens carried the offence in ‘22 and was the league MOC finalist. He gets hurt for half a season and people want to throw him under the bus, I don’t get it.
    Trust me Rich I like Gittens, but looking at the current list of potential Argonaut free agents will make keeping the current roster somewhat intact almost impossible, don’t forget Kelly’s new contract kicks in as well.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    And nowhere in my post did I say those 2 receivers were over-rated; but as usual, some like to put words in other poster's mouths (so i gave him a taste of his own medicine) and get all bent out of shape when they hear an opinion that offends them (in this case, if you don't believe every American player in the league is a great player)
    So you're denying that you have called them both overrated in the past? I mean, I really like Gittens, but to use one of your descriptions, to compare what he has done in the league compared to those 2 receivers is laughable. Those 2 receivers win battles against DB's to make receptions. I don't think I've ever seen Gittens win any jump balls for passes. His best season came playing the wide side receiver spot. Not exactly heavy coverage out there. In 2023 He was moved into the spot Ambles (you know the overrated one) played the previous season, and he really did struggle. Brissett was more explosive than him and Nield produced more after Gittens went down. For those reasons, I think he will be asked to re-structure his deal or he will not be here in 2024.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    So you're denying that you have called them both overrated in the past? I mean, I really like Gittens, but to use one of your descriptions, to compare what he has done in the league compared to those 2 receivers is laughable. Those 2 receivers win battles against DB's to make receptions. I don't think I've ever seen Gittens win any jump balls for passes. His best season came playing the wide side receiver spot. Not exactly heavy coverage out there. In 2023 He was moved into the spot Ambles (you know the overrated one) played the previous season, and he really did struggle. Brissett was more explosive than him and Nield produced more after Gittens went down. For those reasons, I think he will be asked to re-structure his deal or he will not be here in 2024.
    Nope _ I have called both over-rated in the past and I'll stick with my opinion there - they are both talented big-play, jump ball receivers; but they both have average at best hands with plenty of drops on their CFL resumes and neither is fast (both ran 4.6 range 40s in Pro Day type testing) and are not much at YAC yards either; they have played in CFL offences where they are targeted tons and have produced with all the targets; sorry though for not believing they are CFL superstar talent receivers anywhere close to all-time greats and if this offends you.

And your rant to my post that offended you was based on you - once again - putting words in another poster's mouth for the sake of going off on your football expert crusade: i did not say they were over-rated in the context of the subject of way over-paid. I just pointed out that they are not even remotely close IMO to all-time great CFL receiver talents like Greer or Gabriel or Stegall, and that those types are the only receivers who should IMO be paid league best buck$ for the position.

Not surprising you don't think that much of Gittens (he of a thousand yard Argo season and the all-time Canadian college ball single season reception mark holder); guess you'd rather have a Markeith Ambles (dropped more passes in one Stamps season than Gittens likely will in a career) in the Argos line-up? Whatever; some of your buddies told you Americans are generally superior at football - you stick with that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post

Not surprising you don't think that much of Gittens (he of a thousand yard Argo season and the all-time Canadian college ball single season reception mark holder); guess you'd rather have a Markeith Ambles (dropped more passes in one Stamps season than Gittens likely will in a career) in the Argos line-up? Whatever; some of your buddies told you Americans are generally superior at football - you stick with that.
    I do think a lot of Gittens. I hope they can find a way to keep him. But he's had ONE all star caliber year. If you can take a minute to stop your Canadian bias you would see that he is not the receiver the other 2 are. And as for the comparisons to the receivers of yersteryear, does it really matter? Some people actually do live in the present.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I didn't try to compare Gittens to the other two. All 3 are talented CFL receivers IMO. If you believe Gittens is a limited talent CFL receiver - just say so - you haven't seen him win a few iffy throw jump balls, so he's inferior to those 2 ? I sorta prefer solid, few drops hands, smart route running and YAC ability as other receiver skills, but maybe that's just me.

And yes, it does matter IMO (in principle anyhow) - if some clown like Jones is going to pay huge CFL buck$ to guys who couldn't tie Milt Stegall's or Terry Greer's shoelaces in terms of overall receiver talent - because IMO, only that level of top receiver talent should be rewarded with biggest buck$ in the league outside of the top QBs. How did the past 2 EE seasons pan-out with those 2 signings ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    No worries Rich. All the best to you over the holidays.
    Right back at you Angelo. And to everyone here: God rest ye merry, gentlemen!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Stiggers has announced he's declaring for the NFL draft.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1Dm1YJA...YM&img_index=1

I'm not sure what the rules are about that for guys who didn't go to college, but presumably he knows what he's doing. In any event, losing him to at least an NFL camp has seemed inevitable almost from the moment he arrived. He's a special talent.
    The interesting thing is that Stiggers can't leave the Argos during the NFL window and is still under contract to Toronto for at least another season - whether he is drafted or not to the NFL. If he does get drafted, I would expect the Argos to release him rather than hold him to his CFL contract but if he doesn't get drafted - and I have no idea whether he will or not - it gets very interesting as to what will happen to him in 2024.

Juran Bolden, Tamarick Vanover, and Joe Horn were all CFL players in the mid-1990s who were drafted into the NFL after playing one season in the CFL. In Bolden's case, he played a bit in the NFL and then returned to Winnipeg in the early 2000s for a couple of solid seasons before heading back to the NFL. He returned one more time to Winnipeg to finish his career but wasn't the same player by that point.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    IMO even if he doesn't get drafted, he will be a priority free agent signing for some team, and Argos will not stand in the way.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    The Argos have added a trio (3) of American born, American trained players. DB Leonard Johnson, DB Chris Steele and WR Justin Marshall.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Interesting to note the Argos have now signed 3 of the recently announced Negotiation list

Boatman
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    Interesting to note the Argos have now signed 3 of the recently announced Negotiation list
    I happened to watch the Guaranteed Rate Bowl the other day and Argos neg list QB Jason Bean threw 6 TD passes and showed excellent mobility. He is also quite a slender player so I don’t know if the NFL would even be interested.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    There's been no official confirmation, but it appears Alex Russell (director of football ops and national scout) might be leaving Argos and moving to the Redblacks. Ottawa GM Shawn Burke responded to a tweet speculating that two of Ott's front-office guys (including the asst GM) might be leaving by saying they were going nowhere. The original tweet that prompted the spec about those two said Russell is joining Ottawa. Burke did not address that in his response.

Losing Russell would be a big loss. Along with Vince Magri, he has been a huge part of the Argos' superb roster building in recent years.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7