Thread: TD Pacific

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

TD Pacific

Looks as though there's going to be a Labour Day Weekend game in Victoria next season, BC hosting Ottawa on the Saturday.

I hope this is a sign to come of spreading out the TD games around the country.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mocha View Post
    Looks as though there's going to be a Labour Day Weekend game in Victoria next season, BC hosting Ottawa on the Saturday.

I hope this is a sign to come of spreading out the TD games around the country.
    I don't believe this is something the League moved with, but more the Lions themselves. Doman is a smart cookie, and is looking to expand his team's fan base while at the same time testing Victoria in the event they need to find an alternate site for home games during the 2026 World (yawn) cup.

I do agree with you though, it woulf be cool to see the league put more neutral site games around the country. I would love to see Windsor host one.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I don't believe this is something the League moved with, but more the Lions themselves. Doman is a smart cookie, and is looking to expand his team's fan base while at the same time testing Victoria in the event they need to find an alternate site for home games during the 2026 World (yawn) cup.

I do agree with you though, it woulf be cool to see the league put more neutral site games around the country. I would love to see Windsor host one.
    Agreed on Doman - he's a sharp new owner type that the CFL desperately needed; maybe new guy PKP in Montreal shows some similar smarts.

A game somewhere in S.Ontario might be a nice idea, but could be they are so jaded against the CFL there, that it might fail with little support. Kingston has a nice stadium and might have way more Canadian football fans in general per capita; Ottawa (2 hour drive) vs. the Argos, Ticats or Als could do well, perhaps.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    A game in London might do well. They seem to have strong grassroots support for the Canadian game, with both the Mustangs and Beefeaters perennial contenders. IIRC, the city is ahead of the curve regarding the women's game, too.

The general populace might be more into the NFL, but having the Tiger-Cats playing and putting some spotlight on London area players now in the CFL might be a way to convert some of them. Also, I think much of Canada outside Ontario knows very little about London, so a TD game could be a nice way for the city to get a few more tourists interested.

Boatman
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I agree! Be nice to see the CFL expand to some of those cities as well.

Radically Canadian!