Thread: CFL forum?

Boatman
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level

Question CFL forum?

What happened to the CFL forum? Did they close it down?

Radically Canadian!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    It still exists but is not being linked to off the CFL homepage, I don't think.

https://forums.cfl.ca/
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Mods there trumpeting American rules for the CFL or reducing or getting rid of the ratio or banning infidels who disagree.

The CFL should be proud of that forum

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Mods there trumpeting American rules for the CFL or reducing or getting rid of the ratio or banning infidels who disagree.

People that just don't get it. If you make it another American rules league with no Canadian content, it will die just like all the spring leagues have. I know but heads on some of your takes regarding American players OV, but I have been one that has said many times I would like the league to go back to mandating 10 Canadian starters. At that point, allow each team to then count up to 2 nationalized Canadians, but my requirement would be they would have to have played 5 years for the team that counts them as a nationalized Canadian. The goal should be to try and keep as many recognizable names on the same team as long as possible.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level

The CFL must protect its Canadian content, end of story.
    I’ve always enjoyed seeing home grown Canadian talent throughout the CFL which BTW gives elite Canadian football players an avenue to play the sport professionally.
    Last time I checked it is still called the Canadian Football League, let’s keep it that way!!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    People that just don't get it. If you make it another American rules league with no Canadian content, it will die just like all the spring leagues have. I know but heads on some of your takes regarding American players OV, but I have been one that has said many times I would like the league to go back to mandating 10 Canadian starters. At that point, allow each team to then count up to 2 nationalized Canadians, but my requirement would be they would have to have played 5 years for the team that counts them as a nationalized Canadian. The goal should be to try and keep as many recognizable names on the same team as long as possible.
    Well said, AV! I agree with your proposal.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I like this idea too.

I might add mandating a minimum number to be on field at all times, say 4, so that there isn't a big imbalance between offense and defense.

I think Dequoy's post-game rant shows how valuable it is to have local players attracting attention in the market.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mocha View Post

I might add mandating a minimum number to be on field at all times, say 4, so that there isn't a big imbalance between offense and defense.
    Agreed. I have mentioned this in the past too.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    The CFL must protect its Canadian content, end of story.
    I’ve always enjoyed seeing home grown Canadian talent throughout the CFL which BTW gives elite Canadian football players an avenue to play the sport professionally.
    Last time I checked it is still called the Canadian Football League, let’s keep it that way!!
    Agreed !

And thank gawd that this forum features mostly exclusively big CFL or Canadian football fans who support Canadian ball, and are often not whining about or cutting down the CFL - the Canadian players, the refs or the Canadian rules - are all to blame for low calibre, "minor league" football compared to their exalted NFL that they have been taught/sold is so much superior.

Some other forums - with much bigger membership and posting #s - and you get to see the CFL is minor league attitude and calls for reducing the CFL "ratio problem" in favor of more American content or rule changes to $uck-up to American football, and even some NFL fan-boy types who mock the CFL. Maybe just a general reflection of football attitudes up here with a far bigger sample size of opinions ?

Makes me appreciate this forum.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Agreed !

And thank gawd that this forum features mostly exclusively big CFL or Canadian football fans who support Canadian ball, and are often not whining about or cutting down the CFL - the Canadian players, the refs or the Canadian rules - are all to blame for low calibre, "minor league" football compared to their exalted NFL that they have been taught/sold is so much superior.

Some other forums - with much bigger membership and posting #s - and you get to see the CFL is minor league attitude and calls for reducing the CFL "ratio problem" in favor of more American content or rule changes to $uck-up to American football, and even some NFL fan-boy types who mock the CFL. Maybe just a general reflection of football attitudes up here with a far bigger sample size of opinions ?

Makes me appreciate this forum.
    Keep up the good fight OV!!!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Never engage the knobs on CFL.ca forums. Too many threads about moving the Argos, personally dissing MBT and now Chad Kelly. The mods there are horrible, unlike the ones here who are solid standup guys.

Boatman
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I couldn't agree more with everything that's been said here so far. How the CFL forum came to be "moderated" by a bunch of arsonists who belittle Canadian rules, are dismissive of Canadian content/players and want the CFL to become NFL-lite is beyond me.

Radically Canadian!