Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Few Argos working out for NFL teams this off-season

While it seems that other teams have multiple players working out for NFL teams this off-season, there has only been reports of one Argo doing so and that is pending free agent linebacker Jonathan Jones. I haven't seen anything indicating that any other Argo has been working out for an NFL team. That is good news for this team.

The only other player that the Argos could end up losing to the NFL is Qwan'tez Stiggers who has to go through the NFL draft in 2024 or sign as a free agent after, if the Argos allow him to.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    While it seems that other teams have multiple players working out for NFL teams this off-season, there has only been reports of one Argo doing so and that is pending free agent linebacker Jonathan Jones. I haven't seen anything indicating that any other Argo has been working out for an NFL team. That is good news for this team.

The only other player that the Argos could end up losing to the NFL is Qwan'tez Stiggers who has to go through the NFL draft in 2024 or sign as a free agent after, if the Argos allow him to.

Well Ravi - Argo top talent are just not good enough for the allmighty "Show"

Chad Kelly is no Danny DeVito. ;o)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Good and bad. It may mean that the Argos free agents are just content with their CFL status. With the Riders releasing Derrick Moncrief today, that has me thinking they are going hard after Pickett come Feb 13. I would almost prefer guys like Pickett to have an NFL look to hitting the free agent market on the 13th. I think there would be a greater chance of returning to the Argos if an NFL tryout was unsuccessful.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Good and bad. It may mean that the Argos free agents are just content with their CFL status. With the Riders releasing Derrick Moncrief today, that has me thinking they are going hard after Pickett come Feb 13. I would almost prefer guys like Pickett to have an NFL look to hitting the free agent market on the 13th. I think there would be a greater chance of returning to the Argos if an NFL tryout was unsuccessful.
    Sask re-signed Reavis, so he might be the guy they want playing that position. Regardless, I am (sadly) expecting to lose some key guys to free agency. Hopefully not both Pickett and McManis. Pinball et al have a major task ahead to keep as much of the group together as possible, but Pinner is already dampening fans' expectations.

The league's QB salary scale might be getting reset. Bo has already taken a big haircut and there is some talk the Riders might ask Harris to do so as well. If that happens, we might be on an island (with Wpg) in terms of paying more for the QB position than any other team.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Sask re-signed Reavis, so he might be the guy they want playing that position. Regardless, I am (sadly) expecting to lose some key guys to free agency. Hopefully not both Pickett and McManis. Pinball et al have a major task ahead to keep as much of the group together as possible, but Pinner is already dampening fans' expectations.

The league's QB salary scale might be getting reset. Bo has already taken a big haircut and there is some talk the Riders might ask Harris to do so as well. If that happens, we might be on an island (with Wpg) in terms of paying more for the QB position than any other team.
    Has Pinball said anything in particular, Paul? I would fully expect that we will lose some star players this off-season. Hopefully, new stars will be recruited though.

Both Bo Levi and Trevor Harris have some serious questions around them with respect to performance and coming off serious injury given their ages (although it's much more a performance issue with BLM than an age issue). I am still good with what the Argos did with Kelly. Obviously, it does create some challenges regarding the cap but I feel confident that the Argos will be able to put a solid team around him - even if they end up with 12 to 14 regular season wins instead of 16.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Has Pinball said anything in particular, Paul? I would fully expect that we will lose some star players this off-season. Hopefully, new stars will be recruited though.
    Yes, he has. https://www.argonauts.ca/2024/01/05/...-new-approach/
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Scouting, recruiting and player development is more important than ever with the amount of player movement from year to year.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Scouting, recruiting and player development is more important than ever with the amount of player movement from year to year.
    Couldn't agree more. Before last year's training camp who would have predicted Stiggers would have become CFL rookie of the year, or Pierce, would become the teams best DB in the latter stages of the season, or Dukes would develop into a productive back up QB or Hamilton discard Ungerer would have such a productive season? The Argos have shown the ability to identify and sign some very successful players, whether it be American rookies, CFL drafted players or free agents. IMO one of the team's strength has been their success in recruiting and there is no reason why that should continue for the 2024 season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level

I think Stiggers is as good as gone.