Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gittens was almost certainly going to be a cap casualty without restructuring, and we can assume he had no interest in that. Getting a good player back in a trade is a good piece of roster management by the Argos.

New Fan
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Agree but why did we sign him to such a large and long term contract in the first place. The CFL is much too fluid to be dishing that out ,especially for a receiver. Hate to say it but lots of good receivers out there Canadian or otherwise. They should have learned from the DERREL WALKER signing. I know I have his bobblehead.LOL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ARGOMAN 27 View Post
    Agree but why did we sign him to such a large and long term contract in the first place. The CFL is much too fluid to be dishing that out ,especially for a receiver. Hate to say it but lots of good receivers out there Canadian or otherwise. They should have learned from the DERREL WALKER signing. I know I have his bobblehead.LOL.
    You always have to pay a premium for top Canadian players, and they had no idea how Brissett and Nield would progress. Having seem them perform last year, they obviously decided that the money should be distributed differently, so they moved him. I like Gittens, but as I previously said, his huge season came playing mostly the wide side WR position, MBT liked throwing to that wide side. I personally think he struggled when moved to SB last season.
    It's us vs the rest of the country