Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    Obviously I'm in the minority here but I still contend this is a poor deal from an Argo perspective. Trading an outstanding 26 year old Canadian for an outstanding 29 year old American is not an equal trade as it is more difficult to find a Canadian starter of that calibre than an American.. Personally, I do not believe Ceresna is any better than Oakman or Hendrix but of course we have to take into account that the Argos might have felt they were going to lose one of those players to free agency anyway.

Gittens was the best Canadian WR in the league in 2022 and runner up for best Canadian that year. As much as I admire Nield and Brissett neither come close to that level. Now if Gittens had been traded for Ford, that would have been a better deal.

It may have been Gittens refused to restructure his contract but since Ceresna earns about the same amount, there is no savings from the trade. I fear this trade will come back to haunt the Argos. I may be a voice in the wilderness on this one and I may be proven wrong but that is might take on the trade at this time.
    I agree. I do not like this trade and I have a bad feeling about it. The Argos should be getting more in this deal.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    I agree. I do not like this trade and I have a bad feeling about it. The Argos should be getting more in this deal.
    Many Elks fans are upset about this trade because they absolutely hate losing Ceresna.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force