Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    It’s entirely possible he never got the mental health supports he’s needed his whole life. I think he is deserving of some sympathy along with the complainant. Mental health issues can devastate lives. We should all be hoping he gets the help he needs to become a better person.
    Lots of people, unfortunately, have mental health issues but most do not sexually harass others or engage in gender-based violence. Kelly may indeed have some mental health issues but those are simply no excuse for this kind of behaviour.

I honestly can't see how the Argos can move forward with him. I truly hope that cleaning up this situation is a top priority right now for Keith Pelley. We also need to know who in the organization knew what and when and why nothing was reported to the league.

This off-season has been horrible and damaging to this franchise and, by extension, the league. I am glad that this investigation is over and now the team needs to move forward in a productive manner and demonstrate that these kinds of actions will never occur again and that no employee will ever have to go through what the assistant strength and conditioning coach did. There is an awful lot of damage to repair here.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    I'm only asking because Shawn Oakman lost his NFL opportunity on allegations that were proven false in court.

I would like to see some evidence.
    These kinds of investigations are rarely made public but Kelly and his lawyer(s) have access to the findings (an 87 page report). Kelly also has the ability to grieve and appeal through the CFLPA.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I'm only asking because Shawn Oakman lost his NFL opportunity on allegations that were proven false in court.

I would like to see some evidence.
    Obviously the leagues investigation found sufficient evidence.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Speaking only for myself, I want no part of this guy on the field or even around the team. Redemption stories are a nice concept in theory, and sometimes they actually happen. But I have no faith in Kelly redeeming himself and becoming a genuinely changed person. I cannot envisage myself in the stands cheering with him at the controls. Maybe time will soften my attitude, but I doubt it.
    As disappointing as this whole situation is, for me now it's how Kelly and his agent\lawyer respond. They will have access to the investigation and will have the option to grieve and appeal. If they go hard to appeal this then Kelly will probably NOT be going through the "mandatory counselling and assessments". He also may make more odd or inappropriate social media posts. This may extend his suspension and probably end his CFL career.
    On the other hand if he accepts it and does everything required, I would expect him back.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by kellynjk View Post
    I feel exactly the same way. I have been a life long Argos fan and I have loved the way that the powers that be have built the organization over the decades and the positive influence they have on the community. I watched TSN at 6 p.m. and Dave Naylor said that the CFL hired an outside expert and gave him all the time he needed. They said there is unequivocal evidence that Kelly violated the league's gender-based violence policy. That is serious and needs to be taken seriously and I think that means the Argos cutting ties with Kelly.

For me personally, I think Kelly's ego, his sense of entitlement, and lack of emotional maturity will not allow him to go through the necessary steps & level of contrition required to be reinstated. With his behaviour I think he has forfeited his right to be part of this great organization.
    So all of you believe this happened under Pinball's watch?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
    Obviously the leagues investigation found sufficient evidence.
    How is it obvious? What evidence is there?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
    As disappointing as this whole situation is, for me now it's how Kelly and his agent\lawyer respond. They will have access to the investigation and will have the option to grieve and appeal. If they go hard to appeal this then Kelly will probably NOT be going through the "mandatory counselling and assessments". He also may make more odd or inappropriate social media posts. This may extend his suspension and probably end his CFL career.
    On the other hand if he accepts it and does everything required, I would expect him back.
    If this were 20 to 30 years ago, then maybe he could come back from this with the Argos and the CFL. In 2024, I just don't think it's possible. Keep in mind that the league is also employing more women than ever before and they and all employees need to feel safe in the workplace.

In any workplace today, if you do what Chad Kelly is alleged to have done - and an investigation appears to support at least some of those allegations - the individual is usually terminated. I have a hard time seeing Kelly being able to come back from this and the Argos would be putting themselves through awful PR if they attempt to continue with him.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    None of us know what Pinball did or didn't know or when he found out. I assume that the league is looking into all of that right now.

Boatman
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    That part doesn't make any sense to me at all - that Pinball was aware of all of this. It seems to go against everything Pinball stands for. Is it possible that this situation got swept under the carpet by some staff members and upper management didn't become aware of it till everything blew up?? If so, you have to wonder if some in the Argos might lose their jobs over this. I have a hard time believing that Pinball or the head honchos at MLSE including Keith Pelley will want anything to do with Chad Kelly after of this. It's a bad look for the Argos and MLSE, not to mention the League.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    The media articles on the statement by the CFL do say that there was no announcement regarding any penalties or sanctions against the Argos, but that the "conduct of the Argos in this matter, as laid out by the investigation, will be reviewed with the club." So one would assume that at the very least they will be reviewing what process / procedure the Argos have in place to deal with these kind of issues.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by kellynjk View Post
    That part doesn't make any sense to me at all - that Pinball was aware of all of this. It seems to go against everything Pinball stands for. Is it possible that this situation got swept under the carpet by some staff members and upper management didn't become aware of it till everything blew up?? If so, you have to wonder if some in the Argos might lose their jobs over this. I have a hard time believing that Pinball or the head honchos at MLSE including Keith Pelley will want anything to do with Chad Kelly after of this. It's a bad look for the Argos and MLSE, not to mention the League.
    Nothing has been proven. You have the CFL declaring from an unnamed source that Kelly had done wrong with no evidence presented.

If Kelly and the Argos and Pinball are all found to comitted foul play in court, then I am all for an appropriate means of punishment.

My question remains though, what happens if the allegations are declared false in court? What happens then?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Speaking only for myself, I want no part of this guy on the field or even around the team. Redemption stories are a nice concept in theory, and sometimes they actually happen. But I have no faith in Kelly redeeming himself and becoming a genuinely changed person. I cannot envisage myself in the stands cheering with him at the controls. Maybe time will soften my attitude, but I doubt it.
    I'd like to know the exact nature of the threats he allegedly made. If he really threatened violence against an Argo employee, I'd lean toward cutting ties completely.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Nothing has been proven. You have the CFL declaring from an unnamed source that Kelly had done wrong with no evidence presented.

If Kelly and the Argos and Pinball are all found to comitted foul play in court, then I am all for an appropriate means of punishment.

My question remains though, what happens if the allegations are declared false in court? What happens then?

Well the CFL would not have taken the action they have without some pretty solid evidence that Kelly's behaviour was inappropriate. And as other have noted, it would also suggest that others within the Argo organization have substantiated at least part of what the plaintiff claimed happened. No one is saying that Pinball has done anything wrong, at this point it's just curiosity about what he might have know and when and if he took any action.

It's just my opinion but Kelly's suspension by the CFL makes me feel that the court case will also go against him (it sounds like there is good evidence and witnesses to support the plaintiffs claims of harassment etc.). The Argos might not be guilty of "wrongful dismissal" I guess time will tell. I would suggest that it might be in the Argo's best interest to settle with the claimant as the Argos and the League need to put this whole mess behind them.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    It is obvious the CFL investigation discovered evidence of Kelly's unacceptable conduct. It now raises "where now" questions. There are some indications there will be some answers to those questions upcoming.

Apparently, Pinball will be addressing the media after the Rookie Training camp tomorrow. That should give us some idea of actions the club will be taking re the issues that have been raised, Kelly's future (if any) with the team and what will be happening re the QB position.

Kelly's agent has indicated dissatisfaction with the CFL report and has implied a possible appeal. That of course is the player's right but maybe not the smartest move at this time.

Regardless of what happens, the team will need to bring in additional QBs. I'm not sure any trade would bring in a high level QB, plus other teams will probably be demanding a high return in any trade. For now Dukes is the teams #1 QB. IMO, if they build an offense around his strengths the team might still have a successful season.

An aside--we are planning on going to the Sunday morning Training Camp practice. Does anyone have the Training Camp schedule?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 477
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    Regardless of what happens, the team will need to bring in additional QBs. I'm not sure any trade would bring in a high level QB, plus other teams will probably be demanding a high return in any trade. For now Dukes is the teams #1 QB. IMO, if they build an offense around his strengths the team might still have a successful season.
    Given their QB depth I bet Ottawa would love to knock Masoli’s $133,800 in hard money off their books. He’d be a perfect fit here IMO, a very experienced starter who could take Kelly under his wing when The Chad returns for game 10.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    Pinball is the GM. Manning is the president. Shewfelt is the VP Business Ops. There are others in the mgmt structure. What any of them knew as this was unfolding is one of the big unknowns. If any of them knew and tried to sweep it under the rug, they deserve condemnation, or worse. We just don't know at this point, do we?
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    9 Games.

I won't get into it because obviously we have zero information about this and we may never.

I'll just say that I'm pissed, and pretty much all of my anger is directed at the League.

I hope we roll with what we have and I still think we win the East. Argonauts Vs. Everbody. F Them.
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    It's the league's fault and the poor Argos are being picked on and discriminated against ???

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    It's the league's fault and the poor Argos are being picked on and discriminated against ???
    That's the only reason you could fathom that I'd be honked off at the CFL? You lack imagination, friend.

How about pronouncing a punishment 225% more punitive than any ever doled out during the middle of a he-said, she-said civil suit that has yet to conclude.

To my knowledge, 4 games is the max ever given and those have been for foul/violent/illegal play, live on camera and in front of witnesses that could be described in any other place as an attempted murder.
    This however is for a case of a contract which wasn't renewed for an employee that was in such a terribly hostile work environment that they actually wanted to come back to that environment for more but then filed a suit when it was clear that they couldn't come back for another year of the alleged abuse.

It stinks.
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Never happen.

Especially now that the CFL completely hamstrung the Argos/MLSE by curbstomping Kelly.

This gets a settlement and an NDA.
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN