Quote Originally Posted by kellynjk View Post
We were discussing earlier how it seemed like the best thing would be if this is settled out of court. But based on Jim Barker's comments about the process, it sounds like if this happens, everyone has to sign a non-disclosure promising not to disclose any of the details about the settlement etc. And I imagine if I were Chad Kelly, it would frustrating not to be able to give my side of the story or the details of how or why it was settled. So it kind of leaves this accusation / label hanging over his head, which doesn't seem fair.

It might come down to a case of "he said, she said" about the encounters, unless there were any witnesses to any or some of the incidents that the woman cited. And if the claims outlined in the case are correct that the Argos didn't do anything to address her complaints/ concerns, I could see the CFL coming down on the Argos for either not having the proper processes in place or not properly educating their management team on how to address such concerns in the workplace.
Rick Westhead's initial article from a few weeks ago mentions that there were apparently witnesses to some (but not all) of the incidents that he summarizes.

Your point regarding any settlement and NDA is well-taken.