Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    The accepted procedure when a harassment claim is made, is for the organization to institute an independent investigation to determine the validity of the accusation. It appears in this case, the organization for whatever reason, chose not to implement that process. Therefore, it has ended up with a civil court case. Until the case has been decided we should withhold judgement.

That being said, the appropriate action by the organization is to immediately suspend the accused (with pay is normal) until the validity of the accusations have been decided. In this situation that decision rests with the court. There are a number of ways this could go, including a settlement, resulting in the claimant withdrawing charges and signing a non disclosure agreement.

If there is no settlement and court finds for the plaintiff, which is in effect supporting the accusations, the organization (MLSE) will then have to decide what appropriated actions should be taken against the employee (Kelly). This could result in Kelly not playing this year.
    This is obviously super ugly. They could suspend Kelly now and call in a independent reviewer without affecting Kelly's availability to play in the season, if he is found innocent. The Argos need to find an experienced backup QB because even if innocent Kelly has not shown he handles pressure well in the playoff game. While I like Cameron Dukes, it may be too much to expect him to carry the team if things go wrong with this. It also raises the question of Kelly's ability to handle pressure which is going to be greater than what we saw in the playoff game when he wilted. I hope this works out for the Argos and Kelly, but a lot of damage has already done to a team that seemed to finally break through to Toronto with a crowd of 25,000+ showing up for the playoff game. Another sad effect will be on the ability to attract women to Argo games.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    This is obviously super ugly. They could suspend Kelly now and call in a independent reviewer without affecting Kelly's availability to play in the season, if he is found innocent. The Argos need to find an experienced backup QB because even if innocent Kelly has not shown he handles pressure well in the playoff game. While I like Cameron Dukes, it may be too much to expect him to carry the team if things go wrong with this. It also raises the question of Kelly's ability to handle pressure which is going to be greater than what we saw in the playoff game when he wilted. I hope this works out for the Argos and Kelly, but a lot of damage has already done to a team that seemed to finally break through to Toronto with a crowd of 25,000+ showing up for the playoff game. Another sad effect will be on the ability to attract women to Argo games.
    He doesn't need to be "found innocent."

Further: how do you reckon that anyone could be "found innocent"? And how could that even happen in a Wrongful Dismissal suit?
    Last edited by bluto; 02-23-2024 at 11:54 AM. Reason: typo/clarification
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Boatman
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 99.3%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    This is obviously super ugly. They could suspend Kelly now and call in an independent reviewer without affecting Kelly's availability to play in the season, if he is found innocent. The Argos need to find an experienced backup QB because even if innocent Kelly has not shown he handles pressure well in the playoff game. While I like Cameron Dukes, it may be too much to expect him to carry the team if things go wrong with this. It also raises the question of Kelly's ability to handle pressure which is going to be greater than what we saw in the playoff game when he wilted. I hope this works out for the Argos and Kelly, but a lot of damage has already done to a team that seemed to finally break through to Toronto with a crowd of 25,000+ showing up for the playoff game. Another sad effect will be on the ability to attract women to Argo games.
    I would also like to see the Argos build some more depth at quarterback, beyond Kelly and Dukes. Kelly is very talented (we all witnessed that last season) but I do question his maturity and judgement and wonder how he will respond with the greater pressure he will have this season. He certainly didn't handle the pressure of the Eastern Final last season. Who knows how all of this will work out, but it makes me nervous that the Argos have built the team around Kelly and would feel better if they had a bit more depth at quarterback.

New Fan
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    BO LEVI on his way..down the QEW.