Hybrid View

Boatman
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    Contract may not have been for a full year. Football season from May to November is only 7 months. We also don't know how many days or hours the position required.
    If you were to prorate that $25k for a full year at full time, it may look a lot different.
    Realistically though, it's a contract you'd likely only take as a newer professional. Looks good on a resume.
    I'm also curious how someone can claim "wrongful dismissal" when they have been hired on contract on a year to year basis. I don't know the law on this, but one would think it's the organization's prerogative to decide whether to offer an employee another contract and could likely defend themselves simply by saying they decided to go in another direction. I guess the basis of her claim is that Kelly was sexually harassing her and instead of doing anything about it, the Argos just decided not to renew her contract. But depending on if she has any evidence, it might be a hard thing to prove in court.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by kellynjk View Post
    I'm also curious how someone can claim "wrongful dismissal" when they have been hired on contract on a year to year basis. I don't know the law on this, but one would think it's the organization's prerogative to decide whether to offer an employee another contract and could likely defend themselves simply by saying they decided to go in another direction. I guess the basis of her claim is that Kelly was sexually harassing her and instead of doing anything about it, the Argos just decided not to renew her contract. But depending on if she has any evidence, it might be a hard thing to prove in court.
    I believe there is precedent in Canadian Case law if the expectation is the contract being renewed, not 100% sure.

90%+ of these cases of wrongful dismissal never make it to trial.

Boatman
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    I believe there is precedent in Canadian Case law if the expectation is the contract being renewed, not 100% sure.

90%+ of these cases of wrongful dismissal never make it to trial.
    The Process continues.

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/cfl-announces...elly-1.2082188

I expect a CFL led investigation will be completed hopefully before the season one way or the other.

The Argos in the meantime, should really be looking to bolster that QB depth chat. Scott and Dukes ain't going it.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    It will be interesting to see what the CFL does if their investigation does find that the Argos were informed of the problem, but did not follow up in any way (no discussions with individuals involved, no complaints process followed etc.) I suppose it could just be maybe a fine and some mandatory training about harassment in the workplace. Could they also do something like suspend Kelly for a few games? I'm not well acquainted with how the CFL has dealt with any kind of player misconduct in the past.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Skilz View Post
    I expect a CFL led investigation will be completed hopefully before the season one way or the other.
    It needs to be completed way before the season, i.e. in the next few weeks. Anything other than that will be a massive fail on the league's part.

As for signing a QB, I'd be fine with signing Cornelius. I really like Dukes, but have no idea if Scott has anything to offer. Cornelius, despite his failure in Edm, has some enticing tools.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Yes the investigation definitely needs to be completed within the next month, especially when you consider that:
    • Rookie camps across the country will open on May 8 with teams being required to reduce their rosters to 85 players (excluding non-counters) by May 11.
    • Training camps will open on May 12 with teams needing to reduce their rosters to 75 players (excluding non-counters) by May 14. Training camps will conclude on June 1.

Boatman
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    If you’re the complainant, there is no way you allow for a league investigation to be completed by the time the season starts. Any investigation should include an interview with the complainant. Why would they meet with the league knowing that their Human Rights and Civil Litigation case are yet to run through the courts? Or worse, a favourable judgement in favour of Kelly - potentially exonerating him for these actions.

Unless the league is planning on cutting some checks or planning to release the findings after the case is either settled or adjudicated in the courts - i see no possible way the complainant meets with the league. Zero material benefit to them.

And, any "investigation" is pointless without a meeting with this party.