The league did an external workplace investigation into the complainant's allegations. That is a standard thing to - or at least should be - in situations such as this one, in any workplace. The league actually did the right thing here. Ambrosie's language in the league's release is quite strong - "That in-depth investigation found that Mr. Kelly unequivocally violated the CFL’s Gender-based Violence Policy."

The reality is that this is not a criminal case; it's a civil case, which the complainant has a right to pursue. Separate from that, the league had an obligation to investigate the allegations and the investigator has clearly found substantial evidence supporting the complainant's story. Kelly has the right to grieve and appeal this. As it stands currently though, the investigation is damning towards him.

As an aside, if someone told me back in January that an Argo was alleged to have sexually harassed a fellow employee, the first name that would have come to my mind is Chad Kelly, given his rich past of immaturity. I was really hoping that he had finally "got it" and grown up in 2023 and am extremely disappointed to see that he has seemingly not done so.