Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by kellynjk View Post
    Yes I agree that it's going to hurt the team. Instead of focussing on the team and new acquisitions etc, the focus for the foreseeable future is going to be on this story. Plus I'm sure the Argos were viewing Kelly as a marquee player, someone they could promote out front as the most valuable player last season etc. and now all of that is sabotaged. Even if this get resolved outside of the courts, the media is still going to have questions about what happened etc. for months to come any and every time Kelly is mentioned or interviewed.
    Except for the fact that the Toronto media pays very little attention to the Argonauts. There has been zero mention of this story on CP24 and CBC Toronto. The Sun and Globe websites buried brief wire story blurbs about it. How can it hurt the team if nobody knows about it?

It reminds me of when Murphy used those egregious slurs a couple of years ago, and everyone here was hand-wringing about how much this was going to hurt the team. In the final analysis it didn’t hurt the team in the slightest, and I think once the lawyers settle things the same will be true of this incident.

Boatman
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Well the CBC website has indeed highlighted the story and I saw it on CP24 the day after the TSN article. It has also garnered attention in the media across the country, so I don't think it helps the Argos in the least.

And if the details outlined in the stories (TSN and Winnipeg Free Press) end up being true, I doubt Murphy will be keeping his job. Even if the lawyers settle this (which is quite possible) it has hurt the image of the Argos and definitely that of Kelly. As I noted, I doubt very much that the Argos will be putting Kelly out front at press conferences etc. or promotional events this season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I have CP24 on all day long at work, and I never saw this story, but whatever. We all know how these things work. Make a big deal about Chad getting sensitivity training. He makes a public mea culpa and they can turn it into a teaching moment. He’ll serve a 2 or 3 game suspension and by midsession all will be forgotten.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Except for the fact that the Toronto media pays very little attention to the Argonauts. There has been zero mention of this story on CP24 and CBC Toronto. The Sun and Globe websites buried brief wire story blurbs about it. How can it hurt the team if nobody knows about it?

It reminds me of when Murphy used those egregious slurs a couple of years ago, and everyone here was hand-wringing about how much this was going to hurt the team. In the final analysis it didn’t hurt the team in the slightest, and I think once the lawyers settle things the same will be true of this incident.
    It took a few days but CTV News has featured it prominently on Saturday, including on their national newscast.

These allegations, I feel, are different and much more damaging. Given that the allegations involve events in the workplace - and let's not forget that the strength and conditioning coach in question was part of the "Argos family" for more than 5 years - I am unsure that this damage can be easily overcome. This franchise, which seemed to be entirely on the right track, now has an enormous amount of work to do to repair its reputation. This feels like a punch to the gut to me.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    It took a few days but CTV News has featured it prominently on Saturday, including on their national newscast.

These allegations, I feel, are different and much more damaging. Given that the allegations involve events in the workplace - and let's not forget that the strength and conditioning coach in question was part of the "Argos family" for more than 5 years - I am unsure that this damage can be easily overcome. This franchise, which seemed to be entirely on the right track, now has an enormous amount of work to do to repair its reputation. This feels like a punch to the gut to me.
    Very well said, Ravi. I know some very serious, hardcore Argo fans who are really distraught over this.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post

I feel exactly the same way. As others have noted, we'll have to wait to see how all of this plays out, but I think the story has damaged the image of the Argos and I hope it doesn't over-shadow the upcoming season, all the great acquisitions they have made and all the other talented Argo players.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 351
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

Yes it's really odd so many people here are into the ritualistic punishment and humiliation of players from a team they claim to be fans of.

I don't get it.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    Yes it's really odd so many people here are into the ritualistic punishment and humiliation of players from a team they claim to be fans of.

I don't get it.
    Oh PLEASE - "ritualistic punishment and humiliation of players" - No that's what people on here are saying. Everyone has noted that we have to wait and see all the facts and information come out before making any judgement on anyone. But as Argo fans we have every right to be disappointed if the Argo organization swept this whole situation under the carpet, didn't investigate the situation if the woman raised concerns and then decided not to renew her contract because of all of this. Also IF Kelly harassed this staff member to the point where she felt uncomfortable and reported it, then he also needs to face some kind of consequences because that was inappropriate.