Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I'm sure Keith Pelley (who does not start as head of MLSE until April 2) is just thrilled about all this. It's ugly as hell. As for what she did or didn't do, we don't know what, if any, discussions took place with the org beyond what has been reported about the statement of claim. Perhaps she didn't want any outcome other than keeping her job.
    Given the allegation in the suit, I can't see that.
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    Given the allegation in the suit, I can't see that.
    I'm sorry, I'm not following. Which allegation would suggest she did not want to keep her job?
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'm sorry, I'm not following. Which allegation would suggest she did not want to keep her job?
    Sorry.
    I thought it was self evident that if she were being sexually harassed at her job that she wouldn't want to keep her job as an outcome of this suit.
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 351
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Sorry.
    I thought it was self evident that if she were being sexually harassed at her job that she wouldn't want to keep her job as an outcome of this suit.
    I'm with you.

It's astonishing how some people here are already convicting Kelly of wrongdoing and Pinball of mismanaging team culture.

Some people would abandon their own friends and family over a news article.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Sorry.
    OK, so if you had a job you loved, and someone sexually harassed you, you would be fine with giving up the job rather than expecting your employer to put a stop to the harassment? The victim should get doubly victimized while the perpetrator gets to carry on?

And for the record, since it apparently needs to be said, I don't know anything about what actually happened before this suit was filed. There might be many wronged parties, there might be many parties in the wrong, there might be no wronged parties, or no one in the wrong. But some of the stuff I'm reading here seems to suggest that the complainant should have found another way to resolve whatever issues she had rather than file a lawsuit. Maybe she tried other approaches, maybe she didn't. Like all of us, she is entitled to seek a remedy through the courts if she feels it's the best way to proceed. The court will make a determination, if it ever gets to the stage of an actual trial.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    OK, so if you had a job you loved, and someone sexually harassed you, you would be fine with giving up the job rather than expecting your employer to put a stop to the harassment? The victim should get doubly victimized while the perpetrator gets to carry on?
    No, of course not. I just re-read what you'd posted and it still seemed to me like you were implying that the purpose of this suit was so that the Accused could keep their job.
    I mistook what you'd meant.

If I were to suppose what the purpose of the suit is, I'd say that it doesn't seem like money is the goal since the amount is a trifling. So I think that it's more likely to make a point of some sort. Under this presumption, had any real threats been made, I doubt the Accuser would have hesitated to contact (or had their representatives contact) Toronto Police Services. Because of that, I'm taking any allegations of physical safety in the workplace with a (big) grain of salt.

And for the record, since it apparently needs to be said, I don't know anything about what actually happened before this suit was filed. There might be many wronged parties, there might be many parties in the wrong, there might be no wronged parties, or no one in the wrong. But some of the stuff I'm reading here seems to suggest that the complainant should have found another way to resolve whatever issues she had rather than file a lawsuit. Maybe she tried other approaches, maybe she didn't. Like all of us, she is entitled to seek a remedy through the courts if she feels it's the best way to proceed. The court will make a determination, if it ever gets to the stage of an actual trial.
    I've never suggested that the Accuser not file a suit (if that's how you take my posts, not saying that you do).

Only that They could have accomplished their goal of a settlement by engaging their legal representative to contact MLSE/Argo legal. There is a 0% chance that an approach of this nature (and the likelihood of a public relations catastrophe) would be ignored.

So if it is likely that they could have gotten an easy settlement of the amount they are suing for (which I'm saying it is), then going to the Media first makes me raise an eyebrow.
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN