Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    3 Down Nation Podcast opened up discussing the Kelly allegations regarding some of the legal paperwork that has been filed.

This podcast can be located on “You Tube”, 3 Down Nation and where ever podcasts can be found. It is hosted by John Hodge, Justin Dunk and J.C. Abbot.
    They were able to get a copy of the statement of claim. They basically stressed patience and that the league needs to get it right.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I haven't listened (mostly because it's Rod), but I inferred that the comment was made after he interviewed Jim Barker, which might or might not be coincidental.
    It was actually at the beginning of the show prior to Jim being on.
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    https://3downnation.com/2024/03/19/t...going-lawsuit/

Whatever the result of this lawsuit, for the time being, thank God the Argos have a management and ownership that sticks by their players and doesn't acquiesce to the sensationalism of the modern media, before seeing any kind of proof of wrongdoing.

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    I'm not sure what people expect the Argos to immediately do regarding Kelly, because as far as I know there are no team activities to suspend him from until mid-May.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    An organization full of spineless amoeba would have released him as soon as the allegations came to light.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    The longer this goes without any apparent conclusion, the worse the heat will get. I get why the league and MLSE might want to let the investigation run its course, but we're closing in on the opening of camp. Some tangible steps need to be taken (and announced) soon, IMO. There are Argo fans -- especially women fans -- talking online about being ready to bail on the team. They may or may not have good reason to feel that way -- all we have at this point are untested, albeit disturbing, allegations -- but I can completely understand why anyone would believe that meaningful action is required, and soon.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    The upgraded charge and new public details is a pressure tactic. It’s seems the Argos were not interested in settling at all for the initial case and this is the resulting measures. Interesting that the plaintiff mentions Kelly’s public influence and moral obligations that need dealt with, yet this is still a civil matter and could result in a NDA. While the total money seems to have dropped, the addition of punitive damages could result in a much larger amount if decided by a judge. Argos are on the clock with the season looming. If they don’t settle, there is no way this gets resolved in the court in time. They don’t even have a date. I know it’s frustrating only hearing from one party, but if the Argos are considering settlement, you can’t say anything and if your going to fight this, there is no reason to play any cards at this time and have the plaintiff prepare a defence.
    Last edited by ArgoZ; 04-11-2024 at 08:47 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 448
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    The upgraded charge and new public details is a pressure tactic. It’s seems the Argos were not interested in settling at all for the initial case and this is the resulting measures. Interesting that the plaintiff mentions Kelly’s public influence and moral obligations that need dealt with, yet this is still a civil matter and could result in a NDA. While the total money seems to have dropped, the addition of punitive damages could result in a much larger amount if decided by a judge. Argos are on the clock with the season looming. If they don’t settle, there is no way this gets resolved in the court in time. They don’t even have a date. I know it’s frustrating only hearing from one party, but if the Argos are considering settlement, you can’t say anything and if your going to fight this, there is no reason to play any cards at this time and have the plaintiff prepare a defence.
    My read as well. The complainant's legal team is using the tools afforded them. I doubt this was unforseen by the Argos/MLSE/Kelly's legal types.
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Boatman
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    I think it depends on what kind of documented evidence the complainant has. The Human Rights Code defines harassment as "engaging in a course of vexatious (annoying or provoking) comment or conduct which is known or ought reasonably to be known to be unwelcome." It goes on to give examples of what type of behaviour might be considered "sexual harassment" which does include things like asking for dates and not taking no for an answer, or making jokes or comments about a person's appearance, making sexual jokes or bragging about sexual ability etc. It sounds like the complainant is outlining in the brief some examples of this kind of behaviour.

But it's not always straight-forward. There was case of "sexual harassment" made at a place I worked at about a decade ago and although the company did have a process in place to deal with such complaints, it did eventually go to the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario. The Tribunal did not did not side with the complainant because the evidence didn't really support it. It really came down to a case of "she said / he said" as the two individuals involved knew each other and were friendly and he asked her out a number of times and flirted with her etc. Basically he thought he was being charming and she felt like he wouldn't take no for an answer. The company ended up sending the guy to "sensitivity training (which included harassment) and put her on a special project which meant they didn't interact on a daily basis anymore.

I'm sure the Argo's legal team has also looked at the claim (talked to some of their management and team players) and maybe suggested that the case and evidence might not meet the level of harassment under the Code or could be open to interpretation.

But Paul is right the longer this draws out, I think from a PR point of view, the worse it looks for the Argos. I think it will overshadow training camp and the upcoming season until it gets resolved one way or another.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by kellynjk View Post
    I think it depends on what kind of documented evidence the complainant has. The Human Rights Code defines harassment as "engaging in a course of vexatious (annoying or provoking) comment or conduct which is known or ought reasonably to be known to be unwelcome." It goes on to give examples of what type of behaviour might be considered "sexual harassment" which does include things like asking for dates and not taking no for an answer, or making jokes or comments about a person's appearance, making sexual jokes or bragging about sexual ability etc. It sounds like the complainant is outlining in the brief some examples of this kind of behaviour.

But it's not always straight-forward. There was case of "sexual harassment" made at a place I worked at about a decade ago and although the company did have a process in place to deal with such complaints, it did eventually go to the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario. The Tribunal did not did not side with the complainant because the evidence didn't really support it. It really came down to a case of "she said / he said" as the two individuals involved knew each other and were friendly and he asked her out a number of times and flirted with her etc. Basically he thought he was being charming and she felt like he wouldn't take no for an answer. The company ended up sending the guy to "sensitivity training (which included harassment) and put her on a special project which meant they didn't interact on a daily basis anymore.

I'm sure the Argo's legal team has also looked at the claim (talked to some of their management and team players) and maybe suggested that the case and evidence might not meet the level of harassment under the Code or could be open to interpretation.

But Paul is right the longer this draws out, I think from a PR point of view, the worse it looks for the Argos. I think it will overshadow training camp and the upcoming season until it gets resolved one way or another.
    Without a doubt, this has cast a pall on the off-season for the Argos and CFL and will continue to be a big story in a month from now when training camp opens, unless there is some kind of resolution by then, which I think is doubtful. I think that the best we can hope for is that the results of the CFL's external investigation comes out within the next month but who knows if that will even happen?

The only positive to the Argos getting little media attention these days is that media scrutiny hasn't been terribly intense to this point. Could you imagine if such allegations were made about Auston Matthews? There would be a media feeding frenzy on a daily basis - both locally and nationally.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Whilst I feel the court case needs to play out before I tar and feather him, someone really should be telling Kelly to stay off social media. Nothing is a good look for him right now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    The fact he's continuing to post on X, and the incomprehensible nature of some of his posts, is deeply troubling. One would have hoped he'd realize he's under intense scrutiny.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    The fact he's continuing to post on X, and the incomprehensible nature of some of his posts, is deeply troubling. One would have hoped he'd realize he's under intense scrutiny.

So, why can't Pinball and other Argo brass tell him to shut his big yap with moron stuff on social media, or you're gone ???

Boatman
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    So, why can't Pinball and other Argo brass tell him to shut his big yap with moron stuff on social media, or you're gone ???
    Yes I was thinking the same thing. Pinball is so media savvy and is great at PR, that one would hope that he could talk to Kelly about how to try and deal with all of this. Don't mean to sound too harsh, but it's like Kelly has no common sense at all!! I remain concerned about his immaturity and poor judgement. And I'm sure either his lawyer or the lawyers for the Argos would have told him that the best thing to do is to keep a low profile and refrain from saying or doing anything that might be viewed as controversial.

Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Whilst I feel the court case needs to play out before I tar and feather him, someone really should be telling Kelly to stay off social media. Nothing is a good look for him right now.
    1000%. But the reaction to his "CFL salaries" RT is overblown. I don't think it was meant to take a shot at the CFL like many have gone bonkers about. Unless he's posting other things.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I don't think it was meant to take a shot at the CFL like many have gone bonkers about. Unless he's posting other things.
    He has issued a few other cryptic (to be kind) tweets. But while we don't know what was meant by the WNBA tweet, the very fact that it is open to interpretation -- and therefore subject to criticism, at a time when the heat on him and the org is growing -- is a good reason he should shut the hell up.