Quote Originally Posted by kellynjk View Post
Yes I agree that it's going to hurt the team. Instead of focussing on the team and new acquisitions etc, the focus for the foreseeable future is going to be on this story. Plus I'm sure the Argos were viewing Kelly as a marquee player, someone they could promote out front as the most valuable player last season etc. and now all of that is sabotaged. Even if this get resolved outside of the courts, the media is still going to have questions about what happened etc. for months to come any and every time Kelly is mentioned or interviewed.
Except for the fact that the Toronto media pays very little attention to the Argonauts. There has been zero mention of this story on CP24 and CBC Toronto. The Sun and Globe websites buried brief wire story blurbs about it. How can it hurt the team if nobody knows about it?

It reminds me of when Murphy used those egregious slurs a couple of years ago, and everyone here was hand-wringing about how much this was going to hurt the team. In the final analysis it didn’t hurt the team in the slightest, and I think once the lawyers settle things the same will be true of this incident.