Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Kelly Suspension and Pay, Argo Starting QB, and Nathan Rourke

I was going to start a thread on whether Chad Kelly should be the second highest paid CFL QB when it was announced that he was suspended for at least nine games plus the preseason. The question remains in view of the fact that he is likely to be back playing and I would expect him to be paid on a pro-rated basis. Another factor to take into consideration, is the possible return of Nathan Rourke to the CFL as a free agent and where he would and should rank in pay. However, that is likely not to happen until he exhausts his opportunities to play in the NFL. Should the Argos pursue Rourke if he is available?
    Regardless of whether the Argos do or want to keep Kelly, should the Argos look for another QB? I do like Dukes but he is inexperienced. Scott did not impress me at all.
    What does Kelly's suspension due to recruiting women to Argo games if the Argos decide to keep him?
    Below is a list of the top 15 CFL QBs ranked by pay? Does Kelly deserve to be second to Collaros, even on a pro-rated basis? Where would you rank Rourke in terms of pay if he comes back to the CFL?

https://3downnation.com/2024/05/07/t...e-2024-season/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    N. Rourke signed as a FA with the Giants this afternoon jerry - off waivers from the Patriots. I really doubt he returns to the CFL soon, even if he gets cut by the Giants in TC.

Might be great to see him back in the CFL, and I'd bet he would choose the BC Lions again (unless another team is offering way more ca$h); this Argo team might be able to use him though; but they passed on a chance to draft him at the time; and they have shown no desire to give any Canadian QB a TC shot lately, including in times of big need the past 2 seasons, where they have dragged up any American QB they can instead.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Argos TC competition now looks like Dukes, Scott and the other guy they signed this off-season ?

Meanwhile, Jonestown recently signed yet another QB for TC - bringing the total to 8 QBs for EE TC competition there.

Maybe the Argos can wait till other teams TC cuts late in TC to pick-up another QB ? ;o)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I know it won't be a well supported opinion but I'd bring in Nick Arbuckle to help out Dukes. He's available, knows the system and team, and has a little more experience.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    Cornelius would be my first choice, but I'd have no issues with Arbuckle being brought in. I also want to see what Scott can do. He didn't play much last season, and is not highly regarded by some around here, but he was highly sought after by the org, and I don't think we know yet what he might bring to the table. In 2013, it seemed obvious that the previous third-stringer, Trevor Harris, would step in for an injured Ricky Ray, but it was the previous fourth-stringer, Zach Collaros, who seized the opportunity. I'm not comparing either Dukes or Scott to either Harris or Collaros; just saying sometimes guys we know little about can develop in surprising ways.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Wonder if Dane Evans would reconsider his retirement.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Cornelius would be my first choice, but I'd have no issues with Arbuckle being brought in. I also want to see what Scott can do. He didn't play much last season, and is not highly regarded by some around here, but he was highly sought after by the org, and I don't think we know yet what he might bring to the table. In 2013, it seemed obvious that the previous third-stringer, Trevor Harris, would step in for an injured Ricky Ray, but it was the previous fourth-stringer, Zach Collaros, who seized the opportunity. I'm not comparing either Dukes or Scott to either Harris or Collaros; just saying sometimes guys we know little about can develop in surprising ways.
    I could see bringing in Cornelius but am less enthusiastic about Arbuckle, who has regressed badly over the past few years. It's worth making inquiries into Tre Ford, who is into the final season of his contract and I suspect is likely having doubts about returning to Edmonton after this season - and it can't be hard for the Elks to figure that out. Edmonton may be interested in a trade where they receive something for Ford now rather than losing him for nothing next off-season.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Agree with Cornelius being the guy to bring in. Similar skill set to Kelly, but had a horrible o-line and OC during his time in Edmonton.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Think Cornelius could be an interesting choice. Also think it's true that we haven't really seen what Scott is capable of, so he might surprise if given a chance.