Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by kellynjk View Post
    Well it's interesting that in the Argo's statement of defence claim they mention that management advised her last Fall that she would have to improve her skills to maintain her position on the team. You have to wonder if she didn't bother to do this and then decided to file suit and claim harassment when her contract wasn't renewed. Also think it's interesting that Argo management told her she shouldn't have met with Kelly if she had an issue and should have advised management if there was a problem. I can understand why the Argos didn't settle with her because it doesn't sound like she has much of a case.
    Allegedly, they did so after the big blowup with Kelly during the week of the East Final, which was supposedly witnessed by others. I think that how this all turns out may be dependent on if these witnesses corroborate the coach's version of events.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by kellynjk View Post
    Well it's interesting that in the Argo's statement of defence claim they mention that management advised her last Fall that she would have to improve her skills to maintain her position on the team. You have to wonder if she didn't bother to do this and then decided to file suit and claim harassment when her contract wasn't renewed. Also think it's interesting that Argo management told her she shouldn't have met with Kelly if she had an issue and should have advised management if there was a problem. I can understand why the Argos didn't settle with her because it doesn't sound like she has much of a case.
    Or at least, they haven't yet.

Both sides have now marked out their battle lines, I'd expect this to get mediated out.
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Don
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    The question I have after reading Naylor's article is that the plaintiff had been employed by the team on a series of 1-year contracts since prior to the pandemic. Why were here skills, all of a sudden, not good enough? There are plenty of possible answers here, but I don't quite buy that explanation fully given the timing.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Don
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    Or at least, they haven't yet.

Both sides have now marked out their battle lines, I'd expect this to get mediated out.
    I envision it going down this route as well.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    The question I have after reading Naylor's article is that the plaintiff had been employed by the team on a series of 1-year contracts since prior to the pandemic. Why were here skills, all of a sudden, not good enough? There are plenty of possible answers here, but I don't quite buy that explanation fully given the timing.
    It is possible that some players didn't believe she was good at her job. With the player turnover year after year, there may be new voices that get heard.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I have no idea what happened in this particular case. But an employee, either contract or permanent, being deemed inadequate after previously being deemed adequate is not unusual in any workplace IMO. Circumstances change, operational needs change, and individuals change.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I have no idea what happened in this particular case. But an employee, either contract or permanent, being deemed inadequate after previously being deemed adequate is not unusual in any workplace IMO. Circumstances change, operational needs change, and individuals change.
    Perhaps they decided they wanted to expand the role, and she needed to improve at certain aspects to match the new requirements. Like you, I have no idea but, I can't see the head therapist lying about this. I am just not willing to accept the charges against Kelly and the Argos at this point.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Yeah I totally agree with this, especially as she was a "strength and conditioning coach" and maybe the needs and requirements of some team members was also changing over time. Almost any profession you can think of (doctors, teachers etc) requires that their members do "quality assurance training" every few years to ensure that they are up to date on current practices etc. And one would think that this would be even more important for someone who has a job dealing with athletes who may be coming off of injuries etc. I think AngeloV is right, that alot will depend on if there are witnesses to some of these conversations and/or encounters.

Also if the Argos were going to go the route of mediation, wouldn't they have done it by now? Or could it be that they have suggested this route, but the plaintiff hasn't been open to it?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Perhaps they decided they wanted to expand the role, and she needed to improve at certain aspects to match the new requirements. Like you, I have no idea but, I can't see the head therapist lying about this. I am just not willing to accept the charges against Kelly and the Argos at this point.
    One would also assume her immediate supervisor has documented any performance review and filed it with HR which would validate where and when this particular conversation took place.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Agreed. That's kind of the whole idea behind one-year contracts.